Ask Experts » Science and Technology » Technology »

Query about brightness adjustment option Android phone

Date: 21 Sep 2016   Posted By: Venkat Satish Mamidisetti     Group: Science and Technology    Category: Technology   

I am using Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 android phone since two years. Every thing worked fine until I found my brightness adjustment option is missing in top notification panel.
Generally this brightness option switches itself off when battery charging is lower than 5%. But I felt weird when I found that this option has disappeared and the screen is operating with 50% brightness at all times. I am feeling uncomfortable with high brightness especially at night.
Why this has happened and what may be the probable reason? Is there any solution to this?

Are you using an Android phone? Having a query about brightness adjustment option? Check out suggestions from experts on this page.

Author: Ravi    22 Sep 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

If you are unable to see Brightness option in your Notifications tab, then you can change it directly from the Settings menu.
Firstly, go to Settings option.
Then, go to Display option.
Here, you will see Brightness option through which you can adjust it according to your need.
Now, there is an option 'Auto Brightness' beside it. As you have said that during night it turns very high. So, to avoid this you must uncheck 'Auto Brightness' option.
Even then, if you are facing this issue, then you must visit your nearby Samsung service center.
Samsung has a good coverage of its service center in almost every cities of India.

Is this a good answer ?    

Author: Mahesh    22 Sep 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Android phone allows you to edit the brightness in settings. To do that you can follow the instructions.

1. Go to settings by tapping gear icon.
2. Go to brightness.
3. Choose auto brightness and it will adjust the brightness based on time of the day.
4. You can also manually adjust the level of brightness you want by adjusting the slider.

If this does not work and the display has issues with the brightness then make sure you show the device to the service center. This should solve the issue if there is anything internal issue that is causing it.

Is this a good answer ?