Want to teach International Relations at College level

Date: 21 Sep 2016   Posted By: Partha Kansabanik     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I have obtained Master Degree in International Relations after joining Government Service. Thereafter, I have qualified UGC-NET in International Relations. Now, I am planning to pursue PhD in a branch of International Relations. I am also planning to go for teaching this subject after my retirement (after eleven years). My questions are as under:-
(i) Which Universities of India provide the opportunity to pursue PhD on part-time basis in International Relations?
(ii) Is the subject generally taught at UG-level in Colleges? What is the prospect of getting the job of Lecturer in International Relations (in India) after attaining 60 years of age?
Awaiting precise response.

Interested in teaching International Relations? Then on this Ask Expert page you will get responses to your queries.

Author: NK SHARMA    23 Sep 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Partha, It is good to hear from you that you want to do doctorate. Part- time PhD means you have to attend the classes and complete the course work. You will not be able to attend the classes other than your place of residence. Better you admit your self as an external candidate.
I do not think that is there any opportunity after retirement in this subject. If still you want to peruse with this field, you complete the PhD and search govt. job. and take volunteer retirement and settle in new job. You are already MBA. You do doctorate in management. Govt. universities give admission after entrance test. Give entrance test and get admission. Some university give exemption of entrance test to NET qualified candidates. Even some private institutes do not require entrance test for admission only you must have 55% marks in PG. one institute is in Bombay and one in Hyderabad.

Is this a good answer ?