• Category: Panchayat/Municipality/Corporation

Getting trouble in obtaining a birth certificate from Haryana

Want to issue birth certificate from Haryana? Check out advice from experts on this page.

I want a birth certificate to get a passport. I was born in 1991 my mother and father had not applied for it when I was born. I never needed it, but now I am trapped. When I applied for it they asked me almost fifteen types of documents and almost seven types of signed documents like my brother's and sister's birth certificate copies and matriculation copies. Still they need an NOC from Bahadurgadh court but they refused to give it to me. I am bribing someone almost twenty thousand rupees for that piece of paper now. I am doing this because it is a matter of my marriage. And I want it ASAP! I wish I could use my parent's birth certificates/affidavits as custody or something like that.
    Awaiting advice.
  • #138908
    Registration of birth is generally done at the hospital/maternity clinic level. It is possible that your birth was registered, but your parents failed to collect the birth certificate. Do your parents have any documents regarding your birth? Discharge papers or documents that show that you were born.

If you know the address of the hospital or clinic where you were born you can approach the administration section with whatever medical documents you have and ask for assistance. The office will at least be able to guide you to where they register births that happen under their supervision.

Once you have the address of the Registrar of Births & Deaths where your birth would likely have been registered, you can visit the office and check for procedures for applying for a duplicate birth certificate.

You will need to make an application and pay a nominal fee. The application will require your parent's name as registered in the hospital and the date of your birth. You might manage to get an original copy of your birth certificate and not have to run around pleading with and bribing officials.

Underestimate me...that'll be fun!