• Category: Professional Courses

Confused whether to do BED, BTC or TGT after BCom.

Confused about what to study after BCom? Searching for the best options? On this Ask Expert page you will find resolution to your confusion.

I am pursuing my 3rd yr in BCom and am confused whether I should do B.Ed or TGT or BTC after completing my BCom?
    Can you resolve my confusion and guide me by telling me the whole procedure for choosing the concerned course?
    Can you assist in resolving my confusion.
    Awaiting guidance.
  • #138952
    The future course of action totally depends upon your inclination as well as your family circumstances. If you are interested in higher studies, you can join M.Com or CA. If you want to shift to teaching after completion of Graduation, you have to pursue B.Ed. Only after completion of B.Ed., you can go for TGT. Furthermore, if you want to work in the near future, you have to plan your future course accordingly.

More details are required for more pointed advice. Only one thing I want to state, whatever you want to do, plan properly and give it an honest try. Half-hearted attempts won't make you successful.

• #138958
    The entire course of action depends upon your passion and inclination with the course you would like to pursue for the future. You have to be a single minded man while choosing any career.
    Analyse each set of action prior to its implementation.
    If interested to join as a college - lecturer, you can continue your M.Com course so after qualifying NET test, you may join in a constituent college as a lecturer.
    To clear CA requires your total devotion and hard labor, since rate of success of the aspirants never exceeds beyond 4.5 percent.
    If opting for teaching in a secondary school, you may pursue B.Ed after your B. Com. TGT should be your next step after B.Ed.
    Your initial planning is important before you proceed in any direction.

• #138965
    As you are pursuing your Graduation, you would have decided some goal before selecting B.Com as your choice.
    If you want to have a good career in the future, I will suggest you to pursue M.Com that is post graduation in your own specialization. After that you can prepare for Bank exams and can get a good government job in the banking sector.
    If you don't like commerce field, you can pursue MBA in finance, which is having great opportunities in the management sector for you.
    Other than that, you can also register for some short term technical courses related to IT field and can get a good job in IT sector.

If you want to have a career in teaching line, then also a post graduation can serve you in a better way. You can appear for lectureship examinations after completion of your M.Com and can get lectureship jobs easily.

If all the above options are not workable for you, then please go ahead with B.Ed- a degree with 2 years duration in most of the reputed institutes. Merely getting B.Ed. degree does not guarantee a good teaching job and you will need to appear in some other exams also.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

• #139001
    First, you complete your degree and think in which line you are interested and want to pursue your career if you're interested in teaching, then think of the subjects that you wish to handle. If you're aiming to teach even in the colleges then you need to go for B.ed then later on for M.ed. But before you select any of these course just have a three or four months experience of teaching, by then you will be able to decide whether you can pursue your career in teaching and the subjects that you can handle.
    So don't get confused of the course first decide what you want to be.

• #139115
    It seems like your passion and the demand of the time seems to have a conflict. You may find that your passion right now playing very important part in choosing career. Do note that you can always switch career but the focus that you can get during the degree course period, remains with you for long time. And for that you have to work harder and choose the right course. I think choosing the B.Com can be good career wise if you are interested. If you have interest in teaching however then B.Ed may prove to be useful. Do note that B.com and M.com jobs can start the career too. There are lectureships open in university and college if you choose B.com and then go ahead with the M.com. That can be a good course of action too.

Do note that make sure you have something strong to build upon your career. And for that B.com seems to be a good career choice over B.Ed.