* Yes, you will lose all the installed updates if you reset OS on your laptop.
* However, you can now install same without losing all your updates by using Windows 10 upgrade companion. It will save all your programs and files. Use its back up function, carefully follow its instructions and run it successfully without losing all your data.
* You can also opt to chose any 3rd party back up product that will help you in saving all your programs. Just make sure that you have enough space to save all that is been stored.
* Just keep in mind that installation will not save your login, password, accounts and other similar settings. So, yes installation will lead to losing of certain data.
* Old versions of office, games, 3rd party applications will be lost. Thus, a complete back up will come here for your rescue making sure that everything or almost maximum of your settings and apps are saved.