Jaundice may be caused due to one of the following reasons mentioned below. Make sure that doctors have diagnosed all these aspects. If any underlying cause is not diagnosed then make sure that tests are done so that treatment can be started. Treatment of jaundice depends on the underlying cause and without diagnosing it treatment becomes difficult, worsening the scenario.
Causes of jaundice:-
* Inflammation of bile duct,
* Infection of bile duct,
* Hemolytic anemia,
* Infection of liver,
* Liver cancer,
* Cancer of pancreas,
* Parasites present in liver,
* Scarring of liver,
* Overdose of acetaminophen,
* Dubin-Johnson Syndrome,
* Gilbert's Syndrome,
* Crigler-Najjar Syndrome
1) Treatment of jaundice will mainly depend on proper diagnosis of underlying disease and then treating it. Cause of jaundice is treated and supportive care is given to the patient.
2) Photo therapy is helpful in removal of excess of bilirubin in case of moderate jaundice.
3) Severe form of jaundice will require blood transfusion for removal of excess of bilirubin.
4) If jaundice is caused by medicine then alternative drug may be the treatment.
5) If anemia is the underlying cause then iron supplements can be given to the patient.
6) Any obstruction or gall stones if are causing it then surgery is the treatment.
7)Anti viral or steroids can be given if jaundice is hepatitis induced.
8) Increase intake of whole wheat flour, parboiled rice, lemons, dried dates, oranges, brown rice, bananas and almonds.
9) Avoid intake of white rice, maida, excessively oily and spicy foods, aerated drinks, canned and preserved foods.
10) Take complete rest avoiding unnecessary stress and anxiety.