* To become a fashion consultant you need to earn a degree in the same field. Since now you are in your B.Com final year, I would recommend you to do your post graduation or diploma in fashion designing. This will give you a lot of experience in this field.
Without a proper education, it is difficult to achieve success.
* While you are completing your education, you can earn some money as well as experience by working as a personal shopper, assistant or retail manager in some boutique. You might have heard about image consultant. You can work under them to gain all that experience you will be needing in your future for fashion consultancy.
* Your styling too is important especially when you are in public. Thus, work on it and always look presentable.
* Keep yourself updated with the changing trends that are appearing in fashion industry.
* Once you start working under other fashion consultants, you will gain a lot of knowledge with respect to dealing with clients. You then can start your own fashion consultant business part time and deal with clients on your own. Once you do it, you will be able to build clients.
* Work with salons, spas, as well as with interior and fashion designers so that you will gain lots of experience as well as it will lead to trading business contacts.