• Category: Hinduism

Is the English version of Thirukkural available?

Searching for the English version of Thirukkural available? find responses from experts on this page.

From my childhood I have hear about Thirukkural written by the famous Tamil sage, Thiruvalluvar. I have read extracts of this great creation, but it has only enhanced my curiosity. I would be very happy to read the original version. But very unfortunately, I don't know Tamil. So, I have to read the English translation.

I would be grateful if knowledgeable members guide me to get the reliable English translation of this great creation by providing the details of the publisher and other necessary information.

• #139275
    Thirukkural is a very good read. There are many translated versions available out there with nearly accurate translation of Tamil to English. You can buy them online.
    Well nowadays almost every book comes in a PDF format. If unavailable to find those books, you can download Thirukkural PDF.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.