• Category: Professional Courses

How to opt for MBA in correspondence mode

Planning to take up MBA course? Wondering how to get admission in MBA correspondence mode? Find advice from experts on this page.

I am now in BE final year Computer Science and Engineering. i am attending placements now. My idea is to take up a job and then I want to do MBA HR.
    How can I do that? Can you suggest me the possibilities in this field and help me to choose a good college in Chennai. I don't want to do MBA in regular mode. What is the scope for HR now?
    Experts: do assist.
  • #139249
    After BE in computer science there are good opportunities in the IT sector. Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chennai are the main IT hub.
    Still want to do PG, M Tech (IT) can be done.If still you are interested in MBA-HR, you have many options such as Pondicherry university, IGNOU, Annamalai, Madurai kamraj university offers MBA in correspondence.

The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

• #139272
    Since you have already completed your Engineering degree with the computer stream and have inclination to join the Software field,it would be better on your part to take up the course of MBA through distance education mode so that you can devote your full time to your regular job.
    In Chennai, you are having special option such as taking in a recognized distance education university offering HR course through distance education mode. You may locate the appropriate platform by glancing over Internet. The other alternative way would be to pursue the course through IGNOU and the course content of HR management would be at par with any recognized regular university. Moreover, they have the session of doubt clearing session where your confusion can be sorted out.
    Considering this benefit, IGNOU seems to be the best option of all in respect to distance education mode.

• #139273
    If you have done the Engineering in CS, IT or Electronics then it'd definitely benefit if you do MBA in IT, HR and Infrastructure. MBA in HR and operations has a lot of scope.

Some of the universities that offer the distance education and correspondence mode for the exam are as follows -

1. Symbiosis
    2. Mumbai University
    3. Delhi University
    4. LPU university

Do check the guidelines for the admission every year form June to August. If you choose the part time mode for the learning then you may have to go through the exam before taking admission to avoid the cut-off. In case of distance education there is no specific limit on the student intake so no exams etc.

• #139286
    In my survey , it is noted that most of the students are aspiring for an MBA. Its is fine. But, have a plan before a jump. Think how it will be useful in your carrier. What you intend to learn. Majority of the students are opting for HR ( Human Resource)
    as the main stream. It is understood that the option for HR is to make MBA easier.
    Your interest should be your stream. Otherwise it will not be a true supporter in your carrier. Since you are going to be a software engineer, there are immense scope ahead. There are many computer related streams in MBA. Google the scope and salary of similar jobs, you will find prosperous choices. Leaving HR, you may choose to have a Main Stream option in MBA (System Management ) or MBA (Information Technology Management) from a renowned University from any part of the world.

Best.

• #139300
    My answer:-

(a) You can do MBA in Human Resource Management, Information Technology or in Operations Research.

(b) In India, many reputed Universities offer MBA on Part-time basis or through Correspondence.

(c) If you opt for pursuing MBA through Correspondence, Indira Gandhi National Open University and Sikkim Manipal University are the best choice. The MBA degrees of these two Universities are recognised by UGC and DDE and are widely acclaimed.

(d) If you are in Chennai, you can check with University of Madras and Pondicherry University for Part-time MBA programme.