• Category: Professional Courses

How become a chartered civil engineer in India?

Interested in becoming a Chartered Civil Engineer? Searching for the procedure online? Find advice from experts on this page.

I am a Civil engineer. I am doing Master of Technology(M-tech). I want to know the eligibility and the procedure to become a Chartered civil engineer?
    Experts: do guide.
  • #139477
    The essential condition to be a charted civil engineer is to acquire the qualifications as enlisted below-
    1) The aspirants must acquire a diploma in Civil engineering.
    2) He should be an associate member of Institute of Engineers.
    3) He must possess a Bachelors degree in Engineering.
    4) A post graduate qualification such as ME or M.Tech from a recognized university.
    In order to be a chartered Civil engineer, one must have an exposure of five years working experience in the related field. The Institution of Engineers has the provision to upgrade the status such as from associate member to member and then awarding to the status of Chartered - engineer at a later stage by the thorough scrutiny.