First of all let me tell you that many think earning from home is an easy job but it's in fact not. However, if you are ready to toil enough you will get good rewards. The best advice is to start it part time along with your day job and when the rewards start to let you feel that you can make a living out of it it's all your decision in as much as you want to work under some body or not. You can do one or more of the following:
1. Write on line articles and earn money. I have earned some real money this way on ISC, hubpages and boddunan. Also, I used to write for and earn from squidoo and bubblews but the sites have ceased to operate as of now.
2. Do on line tutoring. I have heard people earn up to INR 30000-45000 pm but I have not done it myself.
3. You can take programming, writing, translation, resume writing projects etc. on freelancing sites. I earned a small amount this way working on freelancer website.
4. If you are good at creating videos you can create videos, upload on youtube and earn from the ads which are shown with your videos. Some less known Indian artists are earning crores of rupees per month by uploading their mono-acting videos.
5. You can create a blog and earn huge income from adsense ads and also through affiliate marketing. Seaarch for 'Top Indian Bloggers 2016' through Google and see how much they earn p.m.
6. You may work as a remote assistant and earn a decent income.
7. If you are regular web scavenger you may work as a web-researcher for the on line writers.
There are many more ways to work from home but remember setting your on line job and getting your on line income needs time. Think well before the start and once started don't leave it halfway. The rewards may surprise you.