• Category: Software

How to use Wi-Fi for Desk Top Computers?

Wondering how to use wifi for desktop? Find resolution to your query on this Ask Expert page.

I have purchased a new Desktop Computer and want to use internet through wi-fi in my system. Due to some technical problems I am using wired internet connected to Wi-Fi router. The signal length of Wi-Fi is too less to use it for other devices. How can I use Wi-Fi internet in my Desktop Computer?
    Can you provide detailed information about this issue?
    Experts: do assist.
  • #139509
    You can use WI FI to your desktop by doing changes in the network setup. When you're setting up a network that time you need to select wifi option and then later on it will ask the details of the router, you need to provide it. But when you're saying that your wifi signal strength is too less then I prefer you to work in wired INTERNET it self for fast browsing.

• #139523
    You can use a USB type Wi Fi adapter for your desktop. There are many popular varieties available in shops and online. They cost just a few hundred rupees only. Online it costs from about 200 rupees, but shops may charge much more. However if you are in doubt you may buy from a known computer shop near you.

You have to simply plug in the small adapter to a USB port on your desktop. Initial installation can be done using the CD provided along with the adapter on purchase.

You may search online for 'nano WiFi USB wireless adapter' and you will get a lot of choices. Personally I am using Leoxsys 150 Mbps Nano WiFi USB Wireless Adaptor for my desktop, which has Windows 10. Just read the details and ensure that it suits the OS in your desktop.

After installing, for the connectivity to your router, you may need to put password etc. That wont be much of a problem if you go slow and step by step.

• #139614
    The best way to access Internet in your Desktop computer is to use USB Wifi Adapter. This adapter will be plugged to your PC just like a pen drive and then you will have to install its driver through a CD provided with it. After installation, you will be displayed a list of WIFIs along with their SSIDs displayed on the screen. Here, you can select the wifi to be connected and use Internet on the desktop.
    The cost of wifi adapter is around Rs.700-1000. And the best companies you can refer for purchasing adapter is TP-Link, D-Link, etc.

With regards,
    Ravi
    "Time & Tides waits for none"