• Category: Shops and Shopping complexes

Which railway station I should choose to reach my place?

Confused about the various railway stations in Lucknow? Check out advice from experts on this page.

I have to go Lucknow for the first time for some work. I want to book ticket online but when I enter "Lucknow" it shows three railway stations-
    Lucknow
    Lucknow jn
    Lucknow city.
    I heard Charbagh and Gomtinagar station are also in Lucknow. I am very confused.
    I have to go "Gole market Near MT. Carmel School" from Gonda city.
    Which station I should choose to get down and return?
    Awaiting advice.
  • #139517
    Lucknow NR is official name of Lucknow Charbagh Railway Station. Its code is LKO. It is one of the busiest railway station. Since it is situated in Charbagh, hence called Charbagh Railway Station. Lucknow Junction is second big Railway Station in Lucknow, and it is known as Lucknow NER. Lucknow city is the third big Railway Station in Lucknow after LKO and Lucknow NER. Gomati Nagar is the upcoming railway station in Lucknow. So don't get confused. Gole Market is very famous place and it is well connected from all the parts of Lucknow city. Lucknow NER/lucknow Jn. and Charbagh Railway Station/LKO are very closely located. don't think about Lucknow City Railway Station. You come either LKO or NER i.e Charbagh Railway Station or Lucknow Junction and Gole Market is only 6 Kilometer away from there. From railway station to Gole market can be travelled by bus, taxy or auto. Good luck and enjoy the journey.

• #139574
    I feel that you have to get down at Lucknow Charbagh Railway station. Gole Market is very near to Charbag Railway station and all types of transport are available from Charbagh Railway station to Gole Market, Lucknow.

• #139613
    If you wish to book your train ticket for Lucknow, kindly choose Lucknow NR having station code "LKO". It is also referred as 'Charbagh' among local people of Lucknow. Don't get confused while booking tickets for Lucknow on IRCTC website.
    Also, Gole market is hardly 9 kms away from the Lucknow station (LKO) and you can board a bus for it. If you find any issues in finding bus, then better you book a internet/radio based cabs in Lucknow for your destination. Their rates are affordable having price of about Rs.6/km to Rs.12/km.

With regards,
    Ravi
    "Time & Tides waits for none"