Need serious career advice for a 26 year old guy who has failed in engineering

Searching for a good career option after not clearing engineering? Find advice from experts on this page.

I am a 26 year old guy from lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. I have completed my 12th in 2009 and got 83% marks. Then I took admission in B.Tech Mechanical engineering in 2010 and dropped out in 2011 due to some reasons. I again took readmission to B.Tech Mechanical engineering in 2011 in Lucknow. I had 10 pending back logs after my final year. I managed to clear a few of them but could not clear 3 others. Now I have failed in engineering and I will be getting NFT(not fit for technical education) certificate.
    I accept that Mechanical Engineering was never meant for me. I was always good at maths and computers and got 80 and 92 marks respectively in 12th. I should never have taken mechanical but I did any way after consulting with family friends. Now I am a 26 years old guy who only got 12th pass for his education. I want to get an undergraduate degree as I have no future business prospects or any other talent that enables me to make a living.
    Can I get admission in to any college, any university, any course like BCA or BSC or even BA through a REGULAR mode at the age of 26? I do not want to go for distance learning.
    Experts: do advice.
  • #139619
    There are a few sincere advice from my end to improve upon your qualification-
    1) First of all remember that there is no direct linkage between your earnings and your qualification. Recession is being felt in job - market and even the Products from IIT are feeling this recessionary trend. So persue a graduation course for which you have a real passion.
    2) There are grand openings of jobs once you acquire a graduation - degree in any stream.
    3) Sincerity is required in perusal of any qualification.
    4) You may think of Banking - jobs upon completion of graduation - degree with your single minded devotion for such jobs. If you think you should go ahead for the IAS examination, you can take up the same.
    5) BPO is one of the areas where you can contemplate at this moment and continuing your job, you can undertake the Regular graduation - degree since in call - centres, mostly your services would be required in night shifts.
    6) BCA course may satisfy you since you were good in both Mathematics and Computer and with your consistent interest in the Comuter area, you would be doing well in this field. You may choose this option.

• #139621
    If you studies from UPTU/AKTU affiliated college, then it is a common issue with everyone. I had seen many students who complained about getting low marks in semester as they had passed their Board Exam with good marks.
    This is because marksheet checking in UPTU/AKTU is not fair in comparison Board. They have to manage 700+ colleges having 4 lakh students and thus marking every marksheet in a limited time gets so hectic for every teacher checking the marksheet. So, they check every marksheet hastily and hence marking does not get proper.
    If you are drop out from your institution, they don't worry B.Tech is not everything in life. As you told that you were good at your Maths and Computer so better you join BCA course which you can boost your career to greater heights if you get admission in MNNIT for your post graduation course of MCA. Study with your full devotion for BCA and ultimately after MCA, you will be earning in dollars in a reputed MNC.

With regards,
    Ravi
    "Time & Tides waits for none"

• #139628
    You can complete the regular mode BA, BSC or Bcom. There are also the distance education mode available as well. Symbiosis or the IGNOU can be one option for doing the courses.

Considering you are good at computer and maths, the best approach would be to join BCA or BCS. And if you study hard ignoring the lethargic years of Btech, you'd have a good career ahead. Also if things still don't work. You can always finish the degree in distance education mode and focus on the entry level jobs in IT. That should be another good option to get the job as well.