• Category: Engineering Jobs

Want to do B.tech Civil (distance) after 12th from Rajasthan Vidyapeeth university?

Aspiring to become a civil engineer? Wondering about the prospects of doing a distance engineering degree? Find advice from experts on this page.

Civil engineering is my dream and passion.
    After 12th I got admitted into B.E civil regular college but due to various reasons failed in 1st year itself. After that for 1 year I didn't attend exams properly. When I finally realised to focus on studies I tried but unfortunately failed with 5 backs and 1 more subject to clear for eligibility.
    Now I have to readmit for 1st year as per the rules of university which I wont do.

Another good option was AMIE which is equivalent to B.E but I am not eligible with almost 1%.

Finally I am left with the 2 options to pursue my dream:
    Regular diploma or else B.Tech distance.
    At this moment after wasting so much time and money I don't want to do any regular course which wont consider my 12th'. So finally I am going to do B.Tech distance. I researched a lot about this but mostly found that recruiters don't prefer distance degree holders that too technical one because they wont be having knowledge. Considering all this my plan is to take knowledge not just taking degree. So I am planning to take software courses and practical internships and working with engineers while pursuing my degree.
    Do I still be not preferable for jobs as compared to regular degree holders?
    Also I have planned to do any 1 year regular diploma course after my degree for enhancement of my career opportunities and growth. Is there a way out or else there is a no future in distance education?
    Awaiting advice.
  • #139651

I can understand your situation, but rather than quitting from any situation, take a brave and strong step. If you are now determined, then register for regular course.
    Engineering courses in any specialization must be pursued as regular to have good career afterwards. Anyways, you have plan to pursue internships, Diploma, etc which will need time as well as money, then why not to follow the proper path?
    Any technical degree through distance learning mode is not accepted for job by reputed companies and firms.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!