- Category: Nutrition
- #2038Piles means dilated veins either inside rectum & anus (internal piles) or outside of the anus (External piles).
Types of Piles
• External piles-
These cause more pain but cause less bleeding.
• Internal piles –
These cause more bleeding than external piles.
A combination of the 2 intro-external types is seen more commonly.
Causes & risk factors
• Junk food
• A sedentary lifestyle
• Lack of exercise,
• All of these will cause Constipation and chronic Constipation is responsible for piles as a constipated person is more likely to strain when passing stools.
• Pregnancy and childbirth -
Growing uterus with foetus presses on the abdomen. Increased blood flow and the effect of hormones on the blood vessels, is responsible for development of piles. Pushing forcefully during childbirth causes a rise in pressure in the veins.
• Varicose veins –
Many people with these also develop piles.
• Obesity increases pressure on rectal vein
. Warm baths -
These may relieve the irritation.
Sitz bath for piles
This helps in curing early stage piles. The most commonly used are:
• Hamamelis Q –
• Graphitis- Used for piles and fissures with hard stools.
. Take food rich in Vitamin B-6.
. Pelvic floor exercise known as “ Kegel exercise” is helpful
Causes and treatment of Constipation
Constipation is one of the major cause of piles.
. Bitter gourd contains a lot of fibres. Fibre content makes stools softer.
. Fibre content helps in chronic constipation and haemorrhoids.(piles)
. Relieves constipation by increasing the motility of the gastrointestinal tract
. S0 bitter gourd juice is useful in piles.
Bitter gourd and piles
. Triphala Guggulu is useful.
. Pilex tablets from Himalaya are useful
- #2173Treatment of piles without operation or any medicine is not possible, however you can prevent yourself from piles and then only you dont require any treatment either in the form of operation or any medicine.
For this the most important thing is to avoid constipation, use fibrous diet, You can have isapgol powder if you are habitiually constipated. Do mild yoga and some exercise.
Dont hold for too much when you feel to pass stool.
Regular exercise and some yoga practice has been successful in treating and preventing piles.
- #6655The easiest and the most effective solution is include a lot of boiled ladies finger, popularly known as Okra and this should show results in one month.but make sure you atleast eat 7-8 okras after every meal. do remember to drink lots of water and reduce intake of spices.