• Category: Medical Jobs

Nutrition and diet distant courses

interested in studying a distance program in nutrition and diet? On this Ask Expert page you will get guidance for your queries.

I am an MBBS student passionate to do a distant dietician degree along with my MBBS. Could I get details about these courses particularly in Hyderabad. Since I am doing my MBBS here. Can you also let me know if there are any entrance exams to get merit seat of Bachelors degree in these courses?
    Experts: do guide.
  • #139705
    There are plenty of options for you in this case. The most common option that you have is IGNOU. This course in Certificate in Food and Nutrition (CFN) can be taken from anywhere in India. You can read more about this course on official IGNOU website.

Another place to get the certification is from VLCC. They offer Certificate course in Nutrition and Dietetics. It costs 6K to do this course.

You can also do 2 year Msc Degree from the Osmania University for Women. You may have to go through the respective placement and other exams.

ANOO'S international beauty school (AIBS) also has this course which can be taken from hyderabad. You can check the course on AIBS website, the course name is Specialisation in Weight Management Course.

• #139713
    As you are pursuing MBBS degree, So you cannot pursue another degree course simultaneously. you can apply for certificate course or diploma course in food and nutrition. Best option is IGNOU ( Indira Gandhi National Open University ) for Certificate in Food and Nutrition ( CFN ) course. If you want to do the distance course from IGNOU, then location is not a matter. You should have Internet facility in your personal computer or laptop to pursue the course. As you are residing in Hyderabad, so you have added advantage. IGNOU has its branch office in Hyderabad.This is not simply a branch. It is a regional office of IGNOU and it is largest regional office of IGNOU. It is located in Phase II, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad. You can visit the branch office to get more information.You can write an email to rchyderabad.ignou.ac.in to clear your query.