• Category: IT jobs

Query about campus placements after clearing backlogs

Looking out for campus placements? Worried if you can apply after clearing backlogs? Find advice from experts on this page.

I am pursuing my engineering at Satyabama University, Chennai. I've made it to the 7th semester and I had 15 arrears and cleared all of them with CGPA 6.8. Will I be able to make it to the campus placements?
    Should I apply?
    Experts: do respond.
  • #139781
    Many companies do have criteria of selecting a candidate with no backlogs specially when it comes to campus placement they sometimes set more rules in accordance to their convenience, but most of the companies don't have that much strict criteria's as the only motto they have is to select a candidate suitable for their organisation.

And for that they conduct few tests and few interview rounds like basic technical knowledge test, aptitude test, group discussions and personal interview with HR and a technical expert. So their is not much need to get tensed about campus placement but you need to focus on your technical knowledge and communication skills and need to remain confident and optimist for the placements.
    Other than campus placement you can also think about searching job by your own by putting your resume on various sites which provides you with best job opportunities as per your skills.

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

• #139804
    Some of the companies are very strict when it comes to hiring. They do look towards your career gap and the backlog. You won't be selected in those companies. However, those companies are also harder to crack, even for normal student without any backlog. Campus companies if are MNCs then they may have criteria. You have to ask the HR before appearing for the interview or the exam.

If there is no criteria, then it is open for all. Then they are going to take the process like normal. They are going to hire based on the technical test, group discussion and final HR round. That's how the process works for most of the people. You need to crack this process to get selected if possible.