• Category: Health

How to choose best treadmill for personal use?

Do you want to buy a treadmill? Are you confused which is the best treadmill available in the market? Please go through the answers before coming to a decision.

I'm planning to buy a treadmill for my personal use. I'm quite confused with the brands available with a good quality and worth for money. I did some surfing through net but not getting a good and quality reviews for finding the suitable product. Would be great if you guys find a good treadmill brand will the model.

My budget is 20 to 30K. And I'm looking for a motorized treadmill with inclination option, emergency cut-off, weight to withstand 110 to 120 kg. Speed max should be 12 to 15 kmph.
  • #139871
    I will give some of the best treadmill which I have heard,
    Kobo 2 H.P Motorized Treadmill this suits within your budget and the product information is
    Manual incline (3 Levels); Speed Range: 1~14.0 km/h; DC Motor: 2 HP (Peak); Running Surface 1200 x 420 mm
    Computer Functions: Speed, Hand Pulse, Time, Incline, Calories and Distance.
    the next treadmill company I prefer is
    Powermax Fitness TDM-100 S Motorized Treadmill and the product information is
    Motor: 1.5HP; Run Belt: Multiply Polyester Satin Weave; 110kgs Maximum User Weight
    0.8-12.8 kmph Display and 12 program Speed Range.
    LCD display for Heat, Heart Rate, Speed, Distance and Time.
    Features: Heavy duty running belt, Wheel for transportation, MP3 input and Fold-able.
    Both of the them are motorized. suppose if you have less space at your home please buy the fold-able one which doesn't take much space at home.

• #139912
    I don't think either of the models of treadmills suggested above are suitable. A quick check on the Net reveals that the Kobo 2 H.P Motorized Treadmill takes up to a maximum user weight of 100kgs only.

The Powermax Fitness TDM-100 S Motorized Treadmill does take up to 110kgs maximum so it is unlikely to withstand any more weight than that and you are looking for between 110kgs to 120kgs, which means likely the treadmill will be used by more than one person other than yourself. Hence, you need to buy a treadmill of a higher level considering the weight of everyone who will use it. Refer to this useful resource for a basic selection and buying guide: Selection guide and buying tips for home treadmills in India

From having checked treadmills at e-commerce sites, it seems in the 20k to 30k price range you may not get quality ones with the user weight you are looking for and hence perhaps would have to stretch your budget.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

• #140813
    Treadmill purchasing is one of the options for carrying out exercises in the house itself without the hassles of going out in dust or pollution. The above posts have very nicely brought out the various alternatives available for us for deciding.
    Very useful posts. Thanks to all the contributors.