• Category: Other Jobs

Job eligibility abroad with Bachelor in Hotel Management through distance learning

Want to know if a Bachelor in Hotel Management qualification through distance learning mode is acceptable for a job abroad? Experts in the world will let you know of the job eligibility of such a qualification.

I am 26 years of age and have 4 years of experience in a quick service restaurant . I am still working as an Assistant Restaurant Manager. For better opportunity I have done my Bachelor in Hotel Management through distance learning.

My question is whether I can apply for a job abroad with this degree. If yes, where?
  • #139867
    Since you are already working in a restaurant as an Asst. Restaurant Manager after having acquired a degree in a Hotel Management and you are having an exposure of 4 years in this line, your prospects for the job in the similar line has widened. However, you have to ensure that the degree possessed by you is a recognized one from a known university such as IGNOU, Kota -open University, Annamalai - university etc. If your degree has the recognition, your eligibility for the job is assured provided you demonstrate your potential before the Board of Interview.
    Yes, you can apply for a job in the abroad on the strength of the existing qualification. Switzerland, Canada and Singapore are the ultimate destinations for getting lucrative jobs in Hotel, Industries.

• #139878
    When it comes to the abroad work, It helps to have the regular course as your degree certification. Though you can get over that limitation with number of years experience. Any number above 5 years, can make you eligible beyond typical educational document check. You can manage to get this job even with the distance education degree. This may not affect your resume and position here. I'd say try applying for the hotel connected to airport region, as those are often the easiest way to get job into when it comes to finding the hotel management jobs abroad. Lots of jobs from Middle East and Malaysia region.

• #139879

As your already working you also have an experience in hotel management. You can definitely try a job abroad. To achieve a good job in abroad, post your resumes in most of job offering sites. If your resume suits their requirement they might contact you for further information. But before joining a new job contact the higher authority and get a letter from them and then you can go in for common procedure to shift to abroad as this has already being discussed in Ask Expert's section.