• Category: Professional Courses

Query about NET Eligibility in Government colleges

Planning to join a Government college as professor? Have a query about NET eligibility? Find advice from experts on this page.

I have qualified NET (Qualified for Assistant Professor only) exam in 2016.
    What are the benefits of this qualification? Am I eligible for appointment as Assistant Professor in any Government college? Can I do any related work by the help of this qualification?
  • #139930
    First of all, hearty congratulations for qualifying NET. You have qualified NET for Lectureship. This means that you have not yet acquired the PhD Degree in your discipline. The significance of qualifying NET for lectureship is that you can apply for Assistant Professorship/Lectureship in your discipline all over India (including Central Government/State Government colleges). Moreover, NET qualification is valid throughout life. This means, in future also, you can join Faculty position in India on the basis of your qualifying the NET.
    If a candidate qualifies NET for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF), he/she gets fellowship for doing PhD (after registration).