• Category: Professional Courses

Can I do MArch after BTech in Civil Engineering?

Wondering if one can do M Arch after BTech Civil? On this page experts shell provide you with resolution to your queries.

This is a major query which always ran through my mind.
    I am about to complete my BTech in Civil Engineering and now I am planning to do my Masters. But the problem is that I am very much interested in Architecture, and iIhaven't heard anyone taking Masters in Architecture after BTech.
    So I would like to know: Is it possible for me to specialise in Architecture (MArch) after completing my BTech? If yes, then will there be any benefit as compared to those completing BArch cor vice versa?
  • #139914
    No. You cannot do M.Arch., after your B.Tech.,
    " Be Good and Do Good "

• #139915
    Cijo, you did it again despite being told on earlier occasions. However, this thread is being shifted to Ask Expert section.
    "To be proud of knowledge is to be blind with light" - Benjamin Franklin

• #139937
    B.Tech in Civil - engineering deals with the papers like Sanitation - engineering, Public - health, Hydraulics, Tunnel - engineering etc. The engineers having acquired the degree in Civil - engineering are engaged in the construction of Bridges, Roads, Construction of buildings, Erection of multi-stored building etc since they have been taught in that line. Now taking the course of Architecture, the course content of this stream does not match with that of Civil - engineering. Even the duration of course content of Architechtural - engineering takes five year duration where as duration of BE Civil - engineering course takes four years in its completion.
    Considering all the points discussed above, one cannot persue M.Arch course after passing out BE in Civil - engineering.