Data science is very important for every sector and it has turned out to be one of the fastest growing field. It has some high paid salaries compared to any other job out there. Depending on who employs you, the salary would be above or at par with the software developers or even manager.
1. In order to become data scientist, you need formal course in R, Python and Statistics. It takes 6 month for such course. And after that you need some practical experience with data for real world scenarios.
2. You can choose any stream. There is no limitation of degree for this job. But you need to understand statistics and maths, which often is limited to Science and Commerce. So doing the education in one of those fields definitely worth it.
3. You can choose Bsc or Engineering or Commerce degree. And after that choose to do the data science course and certification. This way you can make one step towards the job ready skill set.
4. Course in stats, maths and programming helps. In most of the data science courses they give you training on python, R and Stats. So you can either choose to have some course that gives you training on this. or you can learn it through the course.
5. You can become data scientist after MCA or Engineering. There should be no issue with that.
6. Data scientist are usually get employed in MNC and some companies that deal with data. So the income of the data scientist is usually starting with 30K and onwards. It remains steady for upto 2 years and then increment. It is high paid job depending on who employed you.
7. It can be good job if you like working on math for everyday work. If you don't like math and stats, then definitely data science is not for you.
8. Yes you can do it as a commerce graduate and later MCA. As long as you have experience with maths through PCM or PCMB, you can get into data science. Unfortunately arts students often may not be accepted as data science jobs.
Hope this answers your queries.