• Category: Other Jobs

Career guidance for advertising and media or other creative fields

Aspiring to launch a career with an advertising agency or other creative fields? Expert suggestions are provided here to guide you.

I have done my B.Tech in Metallurgical engineering with the total CGPA of 8.73. I don't have any interest in software jobs. As of now, there are also no jobs in my stream. Apart from studies I am much interested in Drawing, Photography, Story writing and Singing. I want to make my future bright in the creative field. I would like to get a job in an Ad agency or any organisation where I can show my talent. Can I get some suggestions?
  • #140148
    I really appreciate your idea to look for alternative fields to showcase your talent. Software industry is not at its good time and most of the top companies already facing some crisis. It is good to choose advertisement field as it is one of the brightest field in the future.
    As you mentioned, you have lot of talents and you can use it in unique way. Here are some of the other ways you can make use of your talent.
    1. Story blog - Any blog with good amount of views will help you to get some good income. You can start writing stories in a blog and publish in internet.
    2. If you are interested in photography then you can plan to become a professional photographer. There are lot of people interested in candid photography nowadays. Just attending few marriage functions in a day help you to get decent income.
    You can also take photos and sell it in internet. There are lot of website where you can sell photos.
    3. Function organization - You have unique set of skills which you can use to organize functions. You can take marriage orders for decoration and event organization.

Whatever happens life should move on...
    Thanks Karthik