Which MBA course will suit me the best

Want to find out your career after a B.tech in mechanical engineering? Please go through the suggestions from our experts.

Dear Sir, I have done B.Tech in mechanical engineering & have 2 yrs experience of Mechanical industry in purchase dept. Presently I am working as a Purchase Engineer & want to do MBA to enhance my carrier. Kindly suggest me out of Material Management, Supply Chain Management & Operation Management - which course will suit me the best to enhance my growth? Also suggest the mode whether to go for part time/distance or executive MBA.
  • #140088
    It will be best to continue in the present service in the purchase department and complete MBA in materials management through distance learning mode. One of the available options is to complete MBA from IGNOU. OPENMAT Management aptitude test conducted by IGNOU is required to be cleared for admission and the eligibility criteria is graduation in any discipline with at least 50% marks for general category candidates and 3 years managerial or supervisory experience. However in case of professional degree holders, experience is not required. There is no age limit and the duration of the course is 2.5 years to 8 years. However specialization in not available in the field of materials management in this course. The other relevant options may be specialization in operations management or human resource management or financial management. It may however be noted that serious efforts should be made for completing studies with flying colors.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

• #140089
    You may pursue a one year Executive MBA programs since you are a working professional and have sufficient experience. Online MBA providers like NIBM (National Institute of Business Management) offers one year Executive MBA program in a very reliable and professional manner. Visit NIBM's official page for more.

• #140090
    You may pursue two year MBA programs. Pune Institute of Business Management (PIBM) is an AICTE approved & University of Pune affiliated, one of the top Management Institutes in India. Featured by Times B-School survey & Forbes as one of the top 10 emerging B-Schools in India, we aim to provide high value business management education to produce educated and skilled Management Graduates. Based in Pune, India offering MBA and PGDM.

Delete Attachment

• #140091
    PGDM in Digital Marketing is Having Great Future I suggest you to Choose PGDM in Digital Marketing Specialization and I like to SSIM is on the Best PGDM colleges in Hyderabad

• #140092
    This is being moved Ask Experts.
    Live life Kingsize!

• #140806
    Its good to keep working after a under graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering as since nowadays experience is also required to some of the professional degree courses in the Management.
    There are some certifications in SAP Certification in the fields of Material Management and also in Operation Management, Supply chain Managements too.
    These types of certification can be done easily by the persons who has interested in their career growth.
    Since you are already in the designation of purchase Engineer going step by step in the field will give you option to improve your career and in package with the international certification from the SAP industry.

Apart from that learning MBA is also a good option in any of the field that interest you as all the three fields are good in industry. Mostly the Material Management and operation Management is also the best MBA Specialization. Out of both the Material Management is easy to learn and also good to you in the carrier with already experience after the B.Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering. Earning these degree in the first place would improve your salary package with international certification like SAP and the MBA degree would fetch both the Designation and salary package in a good manners. After that learning the other two groups like operations Management and choosing later on this MBA specialisation after your designation
    would raise in your career ladder and with the salary package. if all the departments are well know with certification, degrees as Dual MBA adds more advantage to your salary package.

• #141076
    As per my opinion Supply and Chain management will be an appropriate stream for you. Go for it. Yes, you can pursue MBA in distance mode. search for a suitable institute which offers such a course and it must have affiliation for this course. do a proper research about the institution and the course before you got admitted.

• #141813
    I have read the question in details. You have mentioned three branches of MBA, i.e., Operations Management, Supply Chain Management and Materials Management. You have also stated that you are a Mechanical Engineer and have 2 years experience in purchase department.

The choice of a particular stream depends upon your own preference of working in a particular branch. If you want to work in prouction side, you may go for operations management. If you want to work in sales and purchase side, you may prefer marketing management or supply chain management.

However, I feel that if you ultimately want to move to the top echelon of the corporate world, you must have adequate knowlege of all the major units of a manufacturing inustry. MBA in any stream from a very good institution would help you to achieve the goal in the long run.