• Category: Other Jobs

What about selecting procedure for ph candidates in rrb

Need career guidance about physically challenged people? Are you physically challenged and looking for a job in the railway department? Go through the expert guidance here.

My name is sasidhar...Iam one step away from the selection of railway job.I am physically handicapped person with disability20%...the matter is that i'm not under PH category for which it requires 40% disability...am I comes under PH or nonPH. if non PH what about selection procedure in RRB...If I come under non pH...Is there any chance to disqualify me in medical tests for which I only eligible for oc category posts only...clear my confusion. And give me advice.
  • #140100
    Sasidhar warm welcome to this site as a new member and by the way congrats for one step away from the selection procedure of RRB railway job. Since this is a technical question to be answered it is better to shift the post to the ask experts section for right direction. Over to editors.

• #140101
    Mr. Sasidhar: Welcome to ISC. I would request you to post your doubts in the 'Ask Expert' section in simple and complete sentences. You will definitely be able to get help from the experts of ISC.

• #140102
    This thread is being shifted to Ask Expert section.
    "To be proud of knowledge is to be blind with light" - Benjamin Franklin

• #140128
    Degree of Disability for Claiming Reservation in Posts/Services Under Central Government
    As per rules you are not eligible to be selected/recruited as disable candidate. To claim the benefit as disable candidate level of relevant disability must be 40% and above. To get detailed information in this regard click here Policy of Recruitment for Disable Candidate
    You will get complete information as
    1. Government policy on reservation for disable candidate,
    2. Definition of disabilities,
    3. Degree of disability for claiming reservation,
    4. competent authority to issue disability certificate,
    5. Jobs suitable for disable candidate is identifies by which Ministry,
    6. How is the reservation for disable candidate is computed,
    7. What is the age relaxation available to disable candidate etc.

• #140157
    Before answering the question, I would like to know whether you have applied under PH quota, or not. I mean to say whether you have indicated in the application form that you are a PH candidate. If you have done so, your candidature will be cancelled. If you have not, your candiature will be considered in the appropriate category (UR/SC/ST/OBC). However, I would advise you to keep your disability certificate ready before the interview. If you do not have it, kindly obtain it from a Government hospital (preferably Central Government hospital). The disability certificate must clearly mention the degree of disability.