Query about subject specialisation and institute for MBA/PGDM

Confused about subject specialisation in Management discipline? Find answers to yuor queries on this page.

I have passed BE in 2011 in Electrical engineering. But I didn't get placement. In 2012 I got a job in engineering college as an ad-hoc assistant professor for 1 year.
    Then in 2013 I have started preparation for banking but I couldn't get the job there but now I want to pursue MBA from distance learning so that I can apply in PSU or any other government/ private company.
    Can you suggest me which dual subject should I opt for in MBA/PGDM courses and which institute also?.
  • #140244
    Distance learning for MBA courses
    Distance learning is good option for pursuing career oriented courses. MBA is the most career oriented degree. Still there is huge demand for MBA degree holders. As the demand for MBA is huge so is the number of institute awarding MBA degree. You have to be very cautious while selecting the institute for pursuing the MBA course.
    I can name few institutes and colleges providing distance learning programme for MBA courses and their reputation is very high. Simultaneously you must know that how the distance learning system function. Distance learning programmes provide you with material either in hard copy or online soft copy and accompanied with assignment. Assignments are to be submitted within time frame strictly. Exam patterns of the distance mode are either semester wise or annual.
    Reputed management institutes offering MBA courses through correspondence or distance learning mode
    Reputed business school that offer MBA cources through distance learning mode are-
    1. Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning (SCDL), Pune,
    2. Indira Gandhi National Open University, Delhi,
    3. Sikkim Mnipal Universty- Distance Education (SMU-DE),
    4. Amity University Uttar Pradesh ( Amity Directorate of Distance and Online Education,
    5. Annamalai university Tamilnadu,
    6. Maharshi Dayanand University Rohtak.

Before selecting the specialized MBA Programme you should be very clear about your goal. As per your goal you should focus on specific area and subjects. Specialized MBA that are popular in recent years are Hospitality Management, Health care Management, Specialization in Finance and Entrepreneurship etc.
    At the end I must say that Distance Learning Mode Requires more discipline and punctuality to pursue the course successfully.

• #140277
    Hi Sneha,
    If everything is fine at your end including financial condition, I would suggest you to go for regular MBA. The reason behind the same is great competition in current scenario. Many students are pursuing MBA every year and many of them are of course doing it without any gap. In such cases the recruitment cell of companies and other organizations prefer the regular candidates because they have studies the course well.
    So merely getting a MBA degree will not guarantee you a good career but if you will go for a regular MBA degree, the probability of getting a good job is higher. You can choose any of the specializations of your interest like HR, Finance, Hospitality management and many more.
    If you are facing some financial problems, you can opt for government institute and you can also try to manage tuition classes for your pocket money.
    MBA through correspondence is usually an option for professional who want to upgrade their professional profile.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!