Yes, as per the doctors and gynecologists, a woman should avoid late pregnancies and they have valid reasons for that as follows-
1. After 30, the egg production in females decreases leading to infertility which may cause problem in conceiving.
2. Even if she conceives, she may face problem in sustaining it due to changes in hormonal levels and may cause spontaneous miscarriage. In such situations, would be mother must be very careful for every strange feeling and should be in touch with the doctor constantly.
3. After the age of 30, other problems like high blood pressure, Thyroids, diabetes, etc are likely to appear especially during second trimester. In such cases the premature delivery is only the solution.
4. If everything is well for all 9 months and it's the time of delivery, she may face prolonged labor pain. It is because the body has become weak and contractions are not that much strong to push the baby for delivery. At this age, the cervix has also lost its elasticity and hence is not able to open properly. Due to all these reasons the movements of baby do not go right. This will lead to C-Section delivery.
5. Apart from all the above mentioned physical problems, there are some genetic problems also associated with late pregnancy. The child may take birth with spinal cord defect, Down's syndrome and even Autism. The kids from late pregnancy are very much prone to such abnormalities and doctors suggest for amniocentesis test and regular ultrasounds to take care of proper development of fetus.
Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!