• Category: Exam Questions

Am I elgible for GATE exam

Have a query about GATE exam eligibility? Find advice from experts on this page.

I have completed M.SC IT from Rajasthan university in 2016 with 72%. But in my degree I have taken BA with 48.50 %. Am I eligible for writing M.Tech GATE exam.
    My percentages are:
    M.SC IT = 72%
    B.A = 48.50%
    12th (Arts) = 65%
    10th = 43.17%
    Am I eligible for GATE exam?
  • #140341

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR GATE EXAMINATION

You are eligible to appear in GATE examination based on your M. Sc. degree. I am providing the complete information with regard to qualification wise eligibility criteria to make you understand in broad spectrum and you can guide others also. A candidate should have any one qualification to be eligible from the below mentioned list--
    1. A candidate having 4 years BE /B Tech. /B. Pharm. or 3 years after B. Sc./ Diploma in Engineering OR
    2. Five years course of B. Arch. after 10+2, OR
    3. M. Sc. / MCA or equivalent degree in any branch of science or mathematics or computer or statistics, OR
    4. If a candidate has completed B. E. or B. Tech. or B. Arch. from a professional society i.e. AMIE / AMICE and recognized by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), is also eligible to appear in GATE examination.
    To appear in GATE examination 2017, a candidate should be either in final year of examination or have completed the above mentioned eligibility criteria with regards to qualification.
    Visit the following link to get more knowledge about eligibility criteria. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR GATE EXAM
    Visit the next link to have overview of previous year question paper of GATE examinatin, copllete syllabus, What is new things have been added for GATE 2017, and session of frequently asked questions. OVERVIEW OF GATE EXAM

• #140393
    Yes, you are eligible to appear in GATE.
    I have checked the eligibility criteria of GATE-2016. If a student qualifies M. Sc. / MCA or equivalent degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Computer/Statistics or in the final year, he/she can appear in GATE.
    So, study hard to qualify this prestigious examination.

• #140727
    As per guidelines you are eligible for GATE examination. According to the guideline or rule,
    any candidate who have passed M. Sc. / MCA or equivalent degree from any branch of Mathematics/ SCience/ Statistics/ Computers he/she will be eligible to sit for the exam. As IIT s conducts this exam, so you can check the concerned website for GATE to clear your doubt. So, don't worry and keep studying to sit for the exam. All the best.

• #141061
    Yes, you are eligible for appearing GATE exam. GATE means Graduate aptitude Test in Engineering. Candidate who passed B.E./B.Tech or M.Sc or MCA are eligible for appearing GATE exam. One of the IIT conduct this exam in every year. You can check your eligibility criteria from the GATE website or concern IIT website. You can download your syllabus from GATE website. There are different types of GATE papers. You can apply for GATE paper acccording to M.Sc. qualification. You can apply for GATE paper according to B.E./B.Tech or M.Sc or MCA qualification.