• Category: Schools

Can I do BCA course with having commerce subject in 12th?

Have a query about the eligibility criteria of BCA course? Find advice from experts on this page.

I want to do BCA and MCA but don't won't PCM as a subject.
    Can I do BCA with Commerce or Commerce with maths?
    Otherwise which subject should I do?
    Is there any scope in it?
    Is doing business better than this course?
  • #140545
    It is better to take commerce with maths if you want to do BCA in future as this will help you in understanding mathematical concepts easily. Mathematics taught in Commerce is mostly related to finance and accounts but in BCA mathematical concepts are different and taking up mathematics subject in commerce will help you a lot.

Scope of BCA is limited, you need to do MCA after it to get good jobs as you will be competing with B.Tech people. Also doing MBA will help you more and increase your chances of getting higher posts in a company.

If you have an already set business and are not much good at studies, yes you can do your business. But I will recommend you to get your courses done also as this will help you a lot and a degree can get you a job anytime.

Deepika

• #140556
    For admission in Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), a student must complete X+II with Mathematics. So, if you want to take admission in BCA, you have to study X+II with Mathematics. Students of any stream (Science, Commerce or Humanities) with Mathematics at X+II level can take admission in BCA. However, some Universities/Institutes have kept minimum eligibility of marks (60% in aggregate for General category students) for admission in BCA.
    Generally scope of good job in IT sector after doing BCA is limited, as many students holding MCA degree are easily available in India.
    Joining business depends on various factors like family background, availability of resources, etc. So, no specific comments should be made in this regard.