• Category: Other Jobs

I am willing to work in Defense and to serve our nation

Want to serve the nation? Do you want the guidance regarding joining RAF, CRPF, NAVY, AIR FORCE, or ARMY? Get all you need to know here.

I am vignesh, born on 12.10.1994, living in Coimbatore, Tamilnadu. I have completed 10th and then took Diploma in Civil engineering during the years 2010-2013. Now I am working as HR Assistant in a MNC. But I would like to service for our nation. My ambition is to become a "Fighter Jet Pilot" but am worried that I don't have enough qualifications. I don't like to work sitting in an office before a desktop. I should serve for our India. I don't wanna become a Police Constable.

So, please help me in which I can serve our nation, such as RAF, CRPF, NAVY, AIR FORCE, ARMY etc.
    I am also ready to do any courses or +2 for joining in any defense services. But will my age be eligible at the time of completing any course.

Help me out Please. I don't have anyone to properly guide me.
  • #140489
    Day in day out we are seeing the ads in the television that Indian Airforce, Army and Navy wants young blood to join the armed forces and make the life different from others. People like you are the best bet for that and you can approach the three services through their websites. If you happen to come to Hyderabad, you can visit the Airforce station at Begumpet or Airforce Academy at Dindugal or Hakim pet Airforce station which are the best place to have training and then taken as the fighter pilot. You have to approach them and tell your urge to join for the service of Nation.

• #140490
    As I have already mentioned in some other thread - Age is just a tag, if we have courage and will power with 100% effort human being can do any thing. I really appreciate your thought of serving the nation , even after getting settled into MNC job.

In Indian Army , I believe SEPOY is the lowest level to join and for that itself the age criteria is like between 18-23 and I believe this disqualifies you on joining the Indian army.

To become a Air Force pilot you have go through NDA - National Defense Academy and CDSE - Combined Defense Services Exam(CDSE). To enter navy also the age criteria/eligibility is like between 17-23.

So , I think as per the current Indian system and regulations. You are not eligible to get in as per my knowledge. But there may be, lets wait for the others to post their views.

Anyways hats off to the thought of serving the country in defense.

Some times peace is better than being Right!!!

• #140503
    To join defence is a great way to serve the nation. Only eligibility to apply for a defence position is not enough. One need to go through the tough fight. I experience that as well. One of the best requirement things is medical or fitness requirement. If you get selected in defence but do not have enough medical fitness, you will simply get rejected. So, first of all, make sure you are fit for the fitness test and then try preparing for it.
    Paresh B. Gujarati

• #140513
    I appreciate your ambition you can surf in net for the qualification eligibility to join NAVY and even the age limit. To join a navy your degree is not required even your fitness must be fit. So for all that have look at net for eligibility for education , age limit and fitness certificates that you need to get. Once you have all that then when there is an appointment for navy which will be published in most of the news papers then you can try to apply. As your ambition and attempt is sincere definately you will get. GOOD LUCK

• #140514
    Dear friend! I am really happy that you want to join armed forces. But you have missed the age-limit for NDA. At the same time, you have not completed Graduation. So, you won't be eligible for IMA or OTA or Air Force Academy/ Naval Academy either. So, your best chance at the present stage (consiering your qualification) would be to attempt to join the technical branches of Air Force or Navy. Please check the websites of Indian Air Force (www.airforce.nic.in) and Indian Navy (www.indiannavy.nic.in or www.nausena-bharti.nic.in). You should also check the Employment News every week and apply.

Best wishes to you!

Have a break, have a 'chit-chat'-Partha Kansabanik

• #140547
    You forget the dream to become a pilot in armed forces. That entry is through NDA and TO apply for NDA, one should be aged between 16-19 and half years and should be 12 pass.
    one way is there in army (MES). Diploma holders can join MES(military engineering service) as JCO( junior commissioned officer). Try for that otherwise there are many PSU and state services who absorb diploma holders as junior engineer. Try for that.

'Education is a lifelong process, keep on learning new things'