• Category: Teaching Jobs

Eligibility criteria for computer degree lecturer posts by APPSC

Have a query about APPSC lecturer post in computer stream? Check out this page for advice from experts.

I have done my Post graduation in MCA with 65% and cleared APSET twice.

I have a doubt regarding the eligibility for APPSC degree lecturer posts. There is a job vacancy in the subject Computer Science andf computer applications posts. Here are the Educational Qualifications:
    i) Good academic record with a minimum of 55% of the marks at the Masters Degree level, in the relevant subject, obtained from the Universities recognized in India.
    ii) Should have passed National Eligibility Test (NET) for lecturers conducted by UGC,CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC or SLET conducted by the Osmania University in terms of G.O. Ms. No. 19, Higher Education (CE-1-I), Dept., Dt. 24/02/2011.

In the notification, Masters Degree in relevant subject is only mentioned. So my doubt is: - Am I eligible for Computer Science or computer applications or both positions?
  • #142133
    Yes for your education. you must be eligible since your education itself in computer science. Since it government job there might be some other criteria like age, type of graduation. Did you clear NET ? They mentioned eligibility that to be NET passed and you have mentioned to cleared only AP SET which Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test I believe. So see if there is any contact in advertisement to contact and get clarified. But you are good on education eligibility.