• Category: Central Government

Is my SMU distance degree valid for government job

Have a query about validity of distance degree for a government job? Find advice from experts on this page.

I and my brother have done BBA from Sikkim Manipal University session -January 2011 to January 2014 and February 2012 to Feb 2015 respectively. I just want to know that: Is our degree valid for government service and further studies as per Sikkim High court judgement dated on 26 June 2015?

sir i and my brother have already been doing cs executive programme after completion our graduation in 2014 and 2015 respectively. My brother also passed cs foundation .

sir please guide us we are very confused regarding government job and further studies as per high court judgement that is our degree valid or not?
  • #140643
    Sikkim Manipal University providing distance education programme in different streams have good rapports in terms of quality and knowledge. Hence you must wipe out your confusion that the degree earned by you such as BBA would not be acceptable for your continuation of your higher studies. This course has got the approval from UGC and hence you would not face any problem in case you get a chance to appear for an interview in any organisation.
    The Sikkim High court passed a judgement on June 26 th 2015 stating that the study - centres operating on out side the states should be closed so that proper attention is paid to the aspirants receiving education inside the state. It did not mention any thing which would tarnish the image of the quality of education being imparted by SMU.
    Hence, have confidence in yourself and prepare for a government job sincerely.

• #140654
    Don't worry. As per your question you want to know is your degree valid? Yes, it is valid. You have done BBA from SMU which is affiliated by UGC. So you can easily sit for any govt exam or interview in any organisation. you can clear your doubt by viewing SMU website. Any course by any university which is approved by UGC is valid. So, please concentrate on your current studies. Wish good luck for your near future.

• #140690
    Sikkim Manipal University is recognised by UGC. The courses offered by this University are approved by the Distance Education Council (DEC). So, the degree of BBA obtained by yourself and your brother is recognised, and both of you can appear in any Government examination on the basis of this degree.

However, please remember that in future before taking admission in any distance course please check the recognition beforehand from the website of UGC and from DEC. The Unviersity website may not give a correct picture. No University would state that the courses/degrees offered by it is not recognised.