• Category: Teaching Jobs

Eligibility criteria for computer degree lecturer posts by APPSC

Do you have an APSET score? Want to clear your doubts regarding APPSC job vacancies in lecturer posts?

I have done my Post graduation in MCA with 65% and cleared APSET twice.

I have a doubt regarding the eligibility for APPSC degree lecturer posts. There is a job vacancy in the subject Computer Science and computer applications posts. Here are the Educational Qualifications:
    i) Good academic record with a minimum of 55% of the marks at the Masters Degree level, in the relevant subject, obtained from the Universities recognized in India.
    ii) Should have passed National Eligibility Test (NET) for lecturers conducted by UGC,CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC or SLET conducted by the Osmania University in terms of G.O. Ms. No. 19, Higher Education (CE-1-I), Dept., Dt. 24/02/2011.

In the notification, Masters Degree in relevant subject is only mentioned. So my doubt is: - Am I eligible for Computer Science or computer applications or both positions?
  • #140712
    As your post graduate of MCA your eligible for both the post. As your a computer graduate I need not tell you that there is no much difference between computer science and computer application. You can apply for lecture post with which your perfect and confidence of teaching. You can take the subject in which your well versed. Suppose if your good at programming then you can take programming language like C and C++ or java also. But for programming language you must be perfect in practical's also that is executing the program and finding out the errors while executing the program. Other wise you can handle theory subjects like basics of programming or web designing etc. So you have to decide to which subject you will be able to handle successfully.