• Category: Professional Courses

Can I do Accounting Technician couse without terminating Articleship?

Have a query about eligibility of Accounting Technician course? Find suggestions from experts here.

I am a CA Inter qualified student passed through CPT route in 1st attempt. I did one year Articleship in Chennai, and due to some personal reasons i went to my hometown .
    I cannot continue my Articleship. Shall I join ATC course organized by ICAI without terminating Articleship? What will be the salary I will get after completion of ATC? Or shall I take a job in bank using my CA-Inter passed certificates? What will be my salary if I apply job in bank?
  • #145389
    As a CA Inter qualified student passed through CPT route in 1st attempt. You did one year Articleship in Chennai, and due to some personal reasons you went to your hometown .You can join ATC course organized by ICAI without terminating Article ship.

Eligibility requirement for Accounting Technician (ACT) course are :A candidate may opt for Accounting Technician Course. Such a candidate has to undergo a study course of nine months, 35 hours Orientation Programme and 100 hours Information Technology Training before appearing in Accounting Technician Examination (ATE). It is to be noted that Group I of IPCC is equivalent to ATC. After passing ATE, he will also be required to complete 12 months of work experience and on production of a certificate to this effect he will be issued Accounting Technician Certificate. A candidate who does not wish to complete erstwhile Intermediate/PE-II/PCC/IPCC can opt for ATC.

As in your case the candidate who has already passed Entrance Examination or Foundation Examination or Professional Education (Examination-I) shall be eligible for enrolment to Accounting Technician Course subject to complying with relevant conditions.A candidate who was already registered for erstwhile Intermediate/ Professional Education (Course-II)/ Intermediate (Professional Competence) Course shall be eligible for enrolment to Accounting Technician Course subject to complying with relevant conditions. Students who have registered for the Intermediate (IPC) course without the option of ATC can also opt Accounting Technician Course subsequently.