• Category: Miscellaneous

What are the necessary requisites for establishing Factory in Agricultural land?

Wants to become an entrapuener by investing an agricultural land. Check out here to know about the prerequisites from our experts.

Dear sir...
    I have an agricultural land on NH50 (Bijapur-Hydrabad NH, Karnataka), facing road, I would like to establish concrete block and brick factory in this land. I am going to invest Rs.25 lakhs. Electricity requirement for this machinery is 415V 50Hz. I should require to run 28hp pumps (Total 3-4 pumps would be necessary}

MY land comes in Bijapur (Vijayapura) district, Karnataka state , 11km from central bus stand. I have a doubt that 24 hrs electricity will not be available for agricultural land.

Can you guide me to know about:
    1. How to avail electricity
    2. Is it advisable to establish such factory in agricultural land..
    3. Will government of Karnataka allows to establish such factories in agricultural land?
    4. What challenges i will face in getting electricity and other facilities of Karnataka govt.
  • #141093
    There are lot of approvals required before you can set all of this up.

1. You have to get approval for the Entrepreneurship Memorandum and Letter of Intent. These two are required before you get the work under industrial sector to be approved.

2. Your electricity, water and the safety approvals are done on the basis of inclusion in SEZ and Industrial sector policies. Considering you wish to do this under karnataka, you have to read up on the laws related to the state.

3. If the land to be used is not under agriculture land or it is not under production then getting approval would be easy. However making the existing agriculture land to get into the approval would be lot harder.

4. You may face most of the documentation charges. Also the establishment of entity. And after the approval in the SEZ and industrial area rules are something you may have to follow. There are lot of small details that may go into this depending on your production or service in process. So you have to take help from those who have established this already.