What next after class 12 Commerce

Confused what to study after completing commerce in Class 12? Check out the suggestions from experts here.

I am a commerce student going to appear for boards exam this year. I am still confused about my next step. I want to go for civil services after graduation. But people are insisting that I should do CA. I am really confused.

What should I choose after class 12 commerce?
  • #141152
    You can go for :

1. Bechlor of commerce (Bcom)
    2. Bechlor of management studies
    3. Bechlor of business management

Choosing the best career option after completing 12th has always been the most universal topic of discussion both for teens and parents. Deciding on the right career is like choosing your life. Many times you may be finding yourself in the perplexed situation, with no idea on which way to go.
    Therefore, to help you find the best option, we have cataloged a number of career options in commerce background that may help you in chalking your career ahead.
    Chartered Accountant(CA) is among the highly opted courses. Chartered accountant job is all about auditing company's books, stock brokers and income tax assesses. A student who has keen desire to make his career in chartered accountancy should seek to join a CA course either after the 10+2 board examination by registering in Professional Education (PE)-I course, it a 10-month course or he/she has the option to register for the PE II course (also 10-months long) after graduating with a specified percentage.

• #141158
    You have plenty of options ahead of you after 12th BCOM. For example you can find some of the options such as -

1. BCOM with Company secretary training (CS)
    2. BCOM with CA
    3. BCOM with Banking job.
    4. BCOM with MBA.

The above listed options are the most common jobs. And you can find that the students in these four options are into it. I would say that considering MBA is the most competitive option, you should definitely give it a shot. And see if that works out for you. CA and CS are second most preferable option. Considering the job is more stable and also has lot of requirement on regular basis. It can be a good option for those who choose to be into finance industry. Banking job with financial analyst and fund manager can be lucrative option too.

I'd say these are some of the most preferable option if you are up for it.

• #141161

You will be having lots of opportunities after passing out B.Com. Depending upon your inclination and interest, you can go in for M.Com in order to have stable career in Lecturership in a government college. In that case, you would be required to clear the NET organised twice in a year through CBSE.
    CA though difficult to crack the same because of the stiffness of the questions set in the examination but the situation can be tackled with your consistent efforts and a right approach of the Institution for your preparation - purpose. Once you achieve this qualification, employers will be pleased to recruit you in their firms or otherwise you can carry out your independent Bussiness.
    Company - secretary is the most sought after qualification if you want to have recruitment in central- government, public - undertakings or in any other fortune companies.
    To have a Management - degree from a reputed institute such as from IIM or from IIT would mean that you are a hot cake in the market and choosing the finance or IT field as your stream would be advantageous.
    Options are definitely unlimited but you need to weigh pros and cons prior to selection of the fields.
    As you have indicated you are interested for Civil - services after your graduation in the commerce, you can go in that direction by opting a right plateform like T.I.M.E for sustaining your studies.

• #141171

There was a time when science was supposed to be the best stream in education and people were less informed about the commerce and its various offshoots.
    With the phenomenal changes in business environment and use of IT in all aspects of business there is a paradigm shift in business management and its techniques. Under this scenario there are immense opportunities for a commerce student provided he is ready to work hard and is focussed in view of the tough job condition in the market.
    The different options are already been described above by the knowledgeable members and I want to add that after graduation or post graduation one should not hesitate in joining even a small job in some relevant company so that some experience is gained in the process. In commercial areas experience counts and it adds to your academic qualifications.
    After getting experience one can consider switching over to other companies for better career opportunities.
    Today the supply of qualified persons is much more than the demand in job market and one has to work not only very hard but also sustain the efforts.
    Best of luck.

• #141417
    Here are the details what you can opt for:

1.B.Com
    2.BBM
    3.BBA

If you wish to opt for CA then please enroll into B.Com and parallely apply for CPT Exams so that you can clear the entry level. Why I suggest you to enrol for B.Com is that its not really easy to clear those exams and you may get demotivated! So try to pursue CA with B.Com.

If your interested in Management in General, you can opt for BBM and later get into MBA With Specialization in your interested stream.

CS is also trending now but again these are really tough to clear. So try the professional courses along with graduation.

Wish you all the best!

• #141425
    Final decision is yours. You have to take the call consulting your parents. Civil Services Eamination is the toughest examination in India. Some experts say it is the toughest examination in the world. If you think you 'have it in you', you must make serious attempts. Don't attempt half-heartedly and waste time, money and energy.
    So far as career opportunities of a Commerce student is concerned, I am mentioning some of these:-
    (a) B.Com (Pass)
    (b) B.Com (Hons.)
    (c) B.A (Economics)
    (d) B.B.E (Business Economics)
    (e) BBA and then MBA (Financial Management)
    (f) Chartared Accountancy
    (g) ICWA
    (h) Company Secretary course (ICSI)
    Choice is yours.

Don't get confused. Take a decision considering your strength and weakness and stick to the decision.

• #142123
    After completing your +2 course there are many options to select. You can go for B.Com and after completing graduation you can plan for CA or ICWA. Some college are offering an integrated course for CA and graduation. In Hyderabad Bhavans college is offering, I heard. If you are not interested in that line you can go for M.Com and then opt for lecturer post. Now a days for B.Com student also B.Ed course is offered. If I have to choose, I will choose CA. However as discussed by other members you can opt for competitive examinations for grade 1 to IV state government jobs or IAS also. You can compete for Bank jobs also. I know many people doing Law after B.Com.
    Subscribe Un Subscribe

• #142480
    You can go for :
    1. Bechlor of commerce (B.com)
    2.B.Com+ICWAI
    3. Bechlor of business Administration(BBA)
    4.B.Com+MBA
    5.B.Com+CA
    You can also go for BA, MA,B.Com.,M.com etc

The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.