• Category: Doctors

How to avoid pus formation in breast

Searching for a remedy for pus formation? Find advice from experts on this page.

Recently I have done I&D in breast and would like to know how much time will it take to heal. since it is almost 3 weeks and still there is discharge of pus. Also let me know what food should I take so that it heals faster and what food should I avoid for quick recovery?
  • #141201
    There are several home remedies which may suit you in your case and choose one or two options to get the positive results-
    1) You may consider Turmeric as one of the options. Add half tea - spoon of freshly grinded turmeric powder and the same is to be poured in 250 ml of milk, Boulder the same for a while and this concoction is to be consumed thrice in a day preferably in the empty stomach. The antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal nature of the turmeric will eliminate your disorder in a shortest possible time.
    2) Keep onion - slice over the affected area for at least thirty minutes and this operation should be continued at least thrice to get rid of the pus. Onion is antibacterial in nature.
    3) Neem leaves along with Basil leaves would work in wonders if a paste containing six leaves of both the herbs are are made and applied over the affected part twice a day. Both the leaves are having antibacterial and antifungal properties to eliminate the problem.
    4) Zypsum - salt is very effective if a little quantity is dissolved in hot water and a hot compression is applied at least thrice a day.
    5) Avoid fast food as far as possible so that your condition does not aggravate further.

• #141202
    I strongly advise you not to go for any type of unrecognised or so-called 'desi' treatment. I would advise you to immediately consult a qualified gynocologist, get the body-part examined by the gynocologist and strictly follow his/her advise. You must consult a gynocologist immediately for your own safety.

• #141204
    You are already under care of a qualified doctor. He has done what is needed. Hence rest assured that you will get relif and cure very soon.
    I&D or Incision and Drainage is a process of opening up an infected abcess to drain out the accumulated pus and dead tisues inside that. There will be pain and usual antibiotics may not be effective after the infection has caused formation of pus and the infected area will cause pain.
    At that juncture incision and drainage(I&D) is the right procedure. Once the pus and accumulated dead tissues and fluids are removed fully and the area cleaned and sanitised, pain will reduce. Along with that doctor will give anti biotic and pain or inflammation relief medicines if needed.
    You need not do any self medication now. If the incision is small it will heal in a matter of just a few days. What you have to do is keep the area hygienic by wearing proper clothes permitting ventilation and reducing sweat and dirt. If the doctor has told you not to wash or wet the area, do follow that. Follow the doctor's advice. Usually there is nothing serious.

• #141274
    Breast abscess is just localised collection of pus in the breast tissue. It usually occurs among the lactating mothers due to cracking of nipples. The microbes from child's mouth gain entry through these cracks in the nipple and cause infection in the breast leading to abscess formation.
    Breast is one of the areas where abscess drainage should not be deferred.
    Incision and drainage have to be done and appropriate antibiotics ( depending on the culture and sensitivity of drained out pus) will do the work.
    In your case I and D have been done . If there is still pus discharge, consult your surgeon ( a general surgeon is a good option) because it may need any surgical intervention like I and D once again. After that ,you may need a combination of appropriate antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medication.
    High protein food like eggs, soya helps in formation of new tissue and provides resistance against infection.