Chicken pox is a highly contagious and infectious disease. But thank God, it has life long immunity also. So the best way is to immunise children with the vaccine. Those who have already caught the disease will not get it again.
Keeping the above in mind we have to take care of the patent.
1. Let only those who had already suffered from the disease treat and be near to the patient.
2. Let there be total hygiene in the house.
3 It is better if the patient is quarantined to the possible extent not allowing to roam around.
4.The things used by the patient should be disposed very carefully after proper disinfection and sanitisation.
5. Let those who are not vaccinated earlier or not suffered earlier keep off from the patient.
6.Do not self medicate.
7 Avoid 'hot' foods literally and figuratively. Give food that make body 'cool'. I is better to give easily digestible semi solid foods like rice-gruel, coconut water etc. Avoid coffee, tea etc. Use fruit juices, milk, butter milk etc.
8. Let the patient not scratch the boils and scars. If the irritation is unbearable, cleaned fresh neem leaves bunch may be used to stroke the blisters. Scratching may make the wounds deep and that will make the later scars also thick and may not go also.
9. Let the patient not take bath before the specified time (generally two to three weeks0 when the disease fully manifests and starts healing.
10. Even after 'bathing' patient has to stay indoors for a few more days to avoid spreading infection.
11. For bathing also it is better to use sun-warmed water in which clean neem leaves and a little turmeric are put.
12. Continue with 'cool' foods for some more days after full recovery also.
13. Apply Olive oil(preferably) or coconut oil on the scars for a period till the scars disappear.
General:. Consult the usual doctor you visit. It is belter the patient does not go (to avoid spreading disease). Let the close relative tell details and show the earlier health-history records. If the doctor gives you some symptomatic medicines use only those and not do anything by yourselves. Take doctor's advice.
Wish speedy recovery.