• Category: Medical Jobs

What career options available in Canada for an MBBS degree holder?

Check here to know about the career options in Medicine in Canada from our experts.

I have completed my final year MBBS in India and will start my internship from March 2017, which will be completed by March 2018. I would like to work and consequently settle in Canada after finishing my internship. What are the options available to me? Kindly suggest.
  • #145421
    If you want to do PG in Canada after completing your MBBS in India you have to pass certain examinations in canada then only you are eligible. Whether it is in India or Canada , P.G. Without MBBS is not useful .Indian medical standards are very high, I therefore suggest you to complete in India in important specialities like radiodiagnasis, orthopedics or surgery oe medicine in any subject then try for Canada,so that you can reduce costs in Canada for studying P.g.

You need to appear for 3 exams to apply for residency in Canada. These are MCCEE, MCCQE Part 1 and MCCQE Part 2. You can search about curriculum and other important stuff about these exams on google.The twist for International Medical Graduates who wish to apply for residency in Canada is that they should be either Canadian Citizen or they should have Permanent Resident (PR) Status in Canada. You can become a Canadian Citizen if you were born there or you apply for Canadian Citizenship after living in Canada for a specified time period