• Category: Finance and Banking Jobs

How to insert full name in application?

Have a query about filling a bank application form? Wondering if surname can be written in first name place? Find advice from experts on this page.

If my Surname comes first in my documents, then how will my name be filled in application form? Can I write my Surname in First name place? Or I should write my Name in the form while applying for bank application? Can you advise about how to fill my name?
  • #141589
    If the application is to be filled based on the surname and name field. Please give the necessary information accordingly. The reason being if you try to override the settings with last name first and then first name. In such case it would surely affect the rest of other documents. So add in the name and surname in respective fields in the form. You can also explain the bank employee regarding how your document looks and how your bank form is designed. that way if any complication can be reduced there as well.

• #141590
    Generally name comes first and surname later. In some cases as you have mentioned it is reversed.
    If your name and surname is mentioned in 'surname first and name later' order in all your documents like - School and college certificates, PAN card, Aadhar card, Driving license, Voter card etc then you have to bring in the notice of Bank so that your name in the account is mentioned accordingly.
    Meanwhile you have to fill the form as per the column or row heading.

• #141865
    It all depends on the format given to you. In the school examinations, it is customary to fill the Surname first and the actual name next. In the Southern belt, people use their surname first while in the other part of the country, the last name indicates the community/surname. Thus your certificates and other documents reflect the name as mentioned by the school authorities as 'Prajapathy Ashwin Kumar' .

While it comes for filling in BSRB, Civil services and SSC and other examination format, your name comes first and the title of your family next. Even the same practice continues for Aadhar and PPAN number applications also.

Jagdish

• #141952
    If surname is to written first, my name will be written as under:-

Surname: KANSABANIK; Middle name: ------------; First name: PARTHA

I will keep my Middle name blank. If anybody uses the Middle name, he/she should write it. Father's name can also be written as Middle name in case of people of Marathi, Gujarati origin and also by other communities when father's name is included in the names of children.