• Category: Professional Courses

Query about Bachelor courses other than B.E after Diploma

Interested in doing a graduation degree other than Engineering? Confused about which course to opt for? Find advice from experts on this page.

I have completed SSLC(10th) on 2010 and then diploma in Civil engineering on 2013 with 77% marks. I did not study my higher secondary (12th) classes. I am not interested in engineering. Now I am working as an Assistant HR in a MNC, so for my further career development I wanted to do any Bachelor course.

Can you suggest me what course to study, other than engineering? Studying a bachelor course will also help me in applying for'Sub Inspector' position in TN police. I would like to join in this academic year, so can you provide me with your valuable suggestions.

As I am working now, I can't study in Regular classes in Tamil Nadu.
  • #141593
    Your case is really different. I have got the matter checked. A student of diploma in engineering can ony take admission in the 2nd year of B.E in his/her particular stream. This means that you can take admission in 2nd year B.E(Civil). Your diploma will not be counted for admission in any other course.

So, if you want to pursue BA/BSc/BCom, you have to first complete X+II from a recognised Board. I would suggest you to take admission in Open School system (NIOS or Tamil Nadu Open School) , clear it and then take admission in Graduation.

In this regard, I would also like to intimate that earlier a student was allowed to take admission in Graduation or Post Graduation even without qualifying the preceding course (X+II or Graduation). That was under Open University System (OUS). OUS has now been discontinued as per Court's directive. So, don't fall in the trap of unscrupulous institutes. I am saying this because this trend is still prevalent in Tamil Nadu.