• Category: Panchayat/Municipality/Corporation

What is step by step procedure to convert agricultural land into non agriculture?

Planning to start a commercial venture on an agricultural land? Unaware about how to convert an agricultural land into a commercial? Read suggestions from experts on this page for your queries.

I am planning a production factory in my agricultural land in Bijapur Karnataka. It is an environment friendly project. I want to convert this land into non agricultural land. Can you help me out with step by step process and applicable fees? Someone suggested to get this land converted into non agriculture to work legally and to get all facilities like electricity water etc. It is 12 km away from city and in a village.
  • #141675
    If you want to start a production factory, you require following permissions
    1. Village panchayat.
    2. Factories department
    3. Town planning department.
    4.District health authority.
    5.Pollution control board.

Now a days all these will be done under one roof. You have to visit nearest District Industries center and register your company under SSI. If the product you are selecting is not under SSI, you have to apply for IL at DIPP. Once you got the SSI registration you have to apply for above permissions through District Industries center where you will get required applications. Now a days they all have become online in many states. But I exactly don't know about Karnataka. You have to get your sales tax and excise tax registration also. Probably from 1.4.2017 it may become GST.
    Once you get permission you can apply for power connection through your state electricity board. Then go to your MROs office and apply for conversion of Agricultural land to non agricultural land(NALA). They will conduct the survey of your land and decide on the fees to be paid. You need not pay NALA tax for the area within your factory which you are going to use for plantation. Payment for the land exactly you are going to use for your production purpose only to be taken into account for NALA payment.

This is the way generally we have to go about it.

• #141683
    Thanks Dr Srinivas sir...

your advise is awesome