Which class should I choose for my child?

Confused about your child's admission in either upper or lower kindergarten? Wondering as per age which is more suitable? On this page go through the suggestions from experts.

Actually my child's date of birth is 22-Nov-2012. I want to know that whether he should be in LKG or UKG in this session that is April 2017? Actually I want to change his school and in new school they are ready to give admission in any of the two classes either LKG or UKG as I want. I am confused. If I choose LKG for him I have a doubt that will he be overaged for further classes like 10th board?
  • #141659
    The rule of thumb in such cases is based on the fact that a child should be in class-I once he attains the age of approximately 5 to 5-1/2 years. This is the ideal situation.
    In your case, in April 2017 the child is about 4-1/2 years old so you can comfortably admit him in UKG so that next year when he will be about 5-1/2 years old he will be in class-I

• #141669
    I would like to suggest you to get admission in UKG. 1 year is very important and its primary classes. Never try to drop for one year. According to his age you can take admission in UKG. So without any hesitation take admission in UKG.
    I would also like to suggest you to give some extra time for your child and he will cover all the courses in new shcool. Try to understand psychology of your child also.

• #141696
    Since you are getting the option to choose from LKG or lower KG and UKG or upper KG, you should choose upper KG. A lot of people don't get this option. They are forced by the school administrative body to choose LKG, when the child could be easily enrolled in UKG. Since there is not much time left for your child to become a 5 year old, you should admit him in UKG without a further ado. After this he will straightway get a chance in standard one. By that time, your child will be 5 and 1/2 years old.
    If you think about the long run, then your child will be a graduate by the time he is 21 year old. Yes, it is true that for the 10th standard or board examinations, he will be overage. But that will not create a problem for him generally. There is no upper age of giving 10th standard board examination . This will be a problem career wise, since he will be one year behind for competitive examinations. Since you have a chance to get him in UKG, please go ahead.

Live life Kingsize!

• #141703
    Take it a thumb rule that your child must be five years once he is in class one so that he passes out class ten on completion of his fifteen years of age.
    As is evident of date of birth of your child, he is fit for admission in UKG and accordingly take pain to prepare your child for the UKG test. He has to be familiar with the some basic rhymes, counting up to hundred and can pronounce his name and the name of his father correctly. Teach him the locality where he resides. Try to wipe out his shyness and he should be eager to know the new developments and such qualities would make him eligible for admission for the class UKG.

• #141704
    As per the common rule, rather it is not rule but people do so that 5-5 1/2 year for class I. So, it is clear that your child is just one year less than that age. Then he/she fits for UKG, as in next session he/she will attain the required age for admission in class I.

• #141706
    As your son is presently 4 years 4 months old, you should admit him in Upper KG in 2017-18 academic year. This would help him to appear in Xth Board examination when he would be 15 years 4 months old.

• #141769
    Please admit your son into UKG as soon as possible. Nowadays all schools continue students from pre school till 12th standard. Now it will be wise decision for you to select good school which is till 10th and 12th and have UKG.
    Education is nowadays business and we don't have choice.
    At this moment don't think for his 10th grade age. There are cases where 5th standard student have cleared 10th board examination with good score so you can expedite education too. It is all on IQ and gist of learning of students.
    All the best.

• #141785
    Your child should be In U.K.G at the age of 4years six month to five years six month.Then he /she should be in Std I.In Nov.2016 He/she has completed 4 years.Now he/she has to be in U.K.G.So admit him /her in U.K.G.

• #142547

your child should he sent to UKG
    All the best.