• Category: Finance and Banking Jobs

Spelling mistake in SBI PO application form

An error occurred while filling the online application form of SBI POs examination and how to rectify it after the closing of date? Just find any solution suggested our experts here.

Sir,I have done spelling mistake while filling my college name in sbi po application form ie. instead of writing "USICT Dwarka" ,I wrote it as "UISCT Dwarka".Since last date of edting the application has ended. Will it create any problem during verification? Please also provide me the solution .
    Thank you
  • #141690
    Right now you can not do anything but you will be getting your admit card for examination in due course of time.
    You give your exams in the normal way and wait for the results. If you get through the exam and they call you for interview then at that time you have to take the original certificates and mark sheets.
    In your above documents school name will also be indicated and you take a photo copy of same with you so that at the time of verification you can request them to take note of the small spelling mistake in school name from your side and submit the photo copy as evidence.
    Sometimes they may ask you to give an application mentioning the mistake and requesting them to correct it. You can as an precaution keep an application ready with you.

• #141691
    Ok Sir,Thankyou.
    are there any chances that they will not allow me for interview?

• #141711
    Don't worry. the mistake does not appear to be serious and of much consequence.
    Prepare well and take the test . I wish you best.
    The original documents will be anyway verified only when you are selected. At that time you can take care to write things correctly.
    As of now just forget about all that and concentrate on preparation for test.
    Best Wishes.

• #141720
    Due to typographical error you have made a mistake in respect of your college. Frankly speaking, you may have some problem during verification of documents, but only in case you are finally selected. However, I think that if you are finally selected, you have to give an undertaking and sign an affidavit indicating your mistake. This would be considered because it is a minor mistake. In this connection, please remember that mistakes in your own name, father's name or date of birth are considered major mistakes.

At the present stage, I would advise you not to ponder over the mistake and instead prepare for the written test with all sincerety.

• #141741
    This is not a big issue so don't worry just focus on your test. problems occur when you submit the form than correction is not allowed than you have to fill another form. Just kept all the original documents like 10th marksheet ,12th marksheet and graduation marksheets. Kept photocopty of some documents as a evidence that will help to resolve the mistake which are done from your side in the application form after successfully selected as an employee.