Admission for 1st standard for my daughter

Do you want to know about good schools at Coimbatore for your kid at a standard fee? Just go through the suggestions from our experts here.

We are shifting to Coimbatore next month and I want to admit my daughter to a good school for 1st standard. We checked many schools but the fee is too high to afford and most of the schools have entrance tests. My daughter did her pre-primary in TIME Kids and she is good in studying (though not extraordinarily smart). Is there any opportunity to give her good education with standard fee?
  • #141790
    I think you should approach state board schools. Most of them have decent fees. And those schools are also good with the education. Often they are ignored over the ICSE and CBSE schools. But in reality, state schools offers a good education too. You often don't have to go through tests and all that. Just make sure your child has some basic understanding which they may ask for before enrolling. I'd say state board with local language is another option. Another thing is that don't go for fancy schools as they are often just doing entire education process as commercialized instead of personal attention.

• #141800
    Admission to 1st standard for kid's is so competitive now a days. Yes now a days fees by private schools is not affordable by normal people. If your in a transferable job then I would suggest you to get you child admit in KV School[ Kendriya vidyalaya] which is CBSE syllabus and this school has branches all over and its very good for those kids who's parents are in transferable job. I think now the admission must have closed but still you can try. Or else first decide whether you want you child to be educated in CBSE syllabus or ICSE. The fees will depend on the syllabus that you choose.

• #141802
    In fact, the present trend of the private schools is to make maximum profit of money by targeting the affluent people of the society and these institutions are aware of the psycology of the parents that they can sacrifice huge money so that their wards are admitted in a prestigious school.
    You have to understand the present scenario and should work accordingly. Your foremost duty is to train the child in such a manner so that he / she is able to answer the the basic questions required for the class one and the child should be able to answer the questions being put to the child by the admission - committee. You may find such schools suiting to your pocket and let the child groom in that environment. Actually intelligence develops with the right guidance of the teachers.
    You may start looking after central - schools having CBSE syllabus and contact the concened teachers of the schools regarding the inputs with respect to admission and initiative may be taken up accordingly.

• #141819
    Thank you all for your valuable opinions. I have a few of my relatives who had been to state board school in a quite reputed school of that area. But the english what they speak is so bad. I dont want my kids to be hifi but the language should be good. they neither can read tamil well nor can speak or read english well. and the school in well known in the district. so i am worried about the state boards. Do any of you know any school in particular that u can suggest? Its somewhere around karamadai, coimbatore.

We had thought of kendriya vidyalaya initially but its too far from the place we live.

Thanks,

• #141843
    Many cities nowadays parents relocated based on good school location. It's foreign method of putting your kids in good school. Instead of thinking same location option, if there are better schools then see if you can relocate. Even if one parent can relocate should be enough for kids to feel safe.
    Other way is to take admission now in state school and borrow some time for relocating yourself. Many parents keep their kids at in laws or parents place for good education. Even though it is not good option, it is better than admitting in non reputed school.

• #142546