• Category: IT jobs

Seeking suggestions for better career

Are you worried of your career having discontinued PUC and continued the studies with short term courses in Computer? No need to worry, just seek the guidance from our experts here for the betterment of your career.

I have discontinued 2nd year PUC and joined for computer hardware course of 6 months. Then I started working as desktop support having 3 years experience. Currently I'm not working now and I thought of doing some certified courses because of not having graduation in any discipline I'm not getting job. So please suggest me the course to build my career are else suggest any other option which I can go for that.

Regard
    Sathish
  • #142161

In I getting response

• #142163

I didnt get reply please respond to my message.

• #142164

Hi goodmorning
    This is sathish actually I discontinued 2nd PUC and joined for comoutrr hardware course of 6months then I started working as desktop support having 3yrs experience. currently I'm not working now I thought of doing some certified courses bcoz of graduation I'm not getting job so please suggest me the course to build my career are else suggest any other option which I can go for that.

• #142171

If you need just a graduation to elevate your academic status to degree, then you may appear for the degree courses of any university giving distance education , including IGNOU. The study can proceed even along with doing a job.
    As you had some hands on experience in computer related jobs, you may pursue degree in computer sciences. You may also do some certificate courses of short duration for helping you get a job immediately. It is not ideal to be out of job for long. You may hook on some job where you have already some experience and tak up a short term course which will help you to enhance your knowledge in that sector. Simultaneously you can do your distance education studies for a degree also.
    For the suitable degree course or short term courses please consult related coaching centres or classes near to you and get maximum details. Then do the needful after anlaysing all relevant factors.

• #142176
    Tq so.much.

please suggest me some course which I can do..
    Having 3yrs of exp in desktop support and I confused about the course whether should I go for mcsa or ccna
    Server platform or networking

• #142180
    Certificate course alone isn't enough. In addition, one need practical skills and experiences because you can get a job with those certificate but if you have knowledge, practical skills and experiences, one can earn monies without job.

Opting to pursue studies is excellent idea and inspiration. However a six moths course in Computer hardware isn't enough. One need to understand the in and out knowledge of the contraption alomg with advanced understanding in Operating System.

Best suggestion is, go for programming coure in distance learning institute which take three months. Easy to learn and hard to master understanding course like B.Sc. 12 and MCA.

Be the Hero of the zero hour!

• #142217
    Tq
    I thought of doing mcsa server related course in best institute so there I can learn pratical skills too.
    ANd planned to take bcom degree in gitam university.

• #142235
    Since the discontinued is not a barrier it seems for you as you have already entered the real time job after the discontinuation. Its a best idea to finish up how much it can to its extend. Try getting into again through private along with some certification courses in computer and finishing the study and catching a U.G. degree in computers or in Information Technology since
    your interest is there a lot with experienced working in the field.
    Also try to keep up the confidence level so that you can catch good marks in the degree you are about to take and continue.

• #142237
    If I take Distance edution is that ok
    Suggest me best university
    Thought of goin gitam university for bcom

• #142239
    As you have interest in computer related works it is better for you to join some course like web designing or software testing or Search engine optimisation either in regular mode or correspondence one. If due to financial reasons you want to continue in present job or any other job then it is better that you opt for correspondence course.

Meanwhile keep in mind that you may have to complete your graduation also one day. The reason is that once you complete your computer course you may get good opportunities for jobs and at that time a graduation will be an added advantage.

Anyway whatever you opt will require focussed and hard working approach as the employment situation in our country is very grim.

• #142251

Is bcom degree of kuvempu university is valid for.mnc companies..?

• #142254
    PUC i.e. Pre-University Course which also you are discontinued. In any IT company if you wanted to get in you will need minimum graduation education in any stream. Since you already have 3 years of experience you had good changes of getting in. My one friend did B. COM. and JETKING hardware course long time back. After which luckily he was selected in big company as desktop support and after he completed Linux administration certification and now he is in USA after so many years of experience. So path is hard. First complete your higher secondary and complete graduation.
    So another issue is doing job in parallel , all you need is to search desktop support jobs in small industries around city where you are going to study. Also try putting business like Cyber café temporary till your education if you have no choice. Search jobs online in monster.com , naukri.com etc. You might get less salary but remember in IT experience matter most.

• #142260
    Thank you so much for all. I'll do my degree.

• #142261
    The employers would not be pleased with your addition of certificate course in any soft-ware or hard - ware module. So in order to be better placed in the existing job - market, you need to acquire a graduation degree preferably in commerce or in science or a graduation in computer - science. Does not matter if the same has been procured through Distance - education mode like IGNOU and doing a job in Software or Hard ware company.
    So, the situation demands adaptability and work towards achieving the same. Since you have had experience in desktop support for three years, with a little effort, you may secure a job in the similar line. Here earning a substantial - packet should not be your main concentration rather, you should think of your engagement in the job. Once, you succeed in that direction, start doing graduation through distance mode preferably through IGNOU and the same can be done in your liesure time. Remain focussed to your studies so that your outstanding performance in the graduation - level may satisfy the interview - board.
    There are lot of demands of the computer graduates having exposures either in Hardware or Software profession in multinational companies. You need to get right exposure to succeed in your assignment.

• #142267
    So
    Kuvempu university
    Ignou university
    Gitam university
    Which one is best and I want to know is there valid for MNC companies for this university certificate.

• #142346
    How about web designing course..