• Category: Training Centres

Cruise ship training centre in India

Aspiring to work on a cruise liner? Looking out for training centers in India? Find suggestions from experts on this page.

I have been working in a Govt.College in Mizoram. Some of my students have asked me for reliable training centres for Cruise ship training. Can you to tell me the reliable training centres in India? So that I can guide my students to under go training and get employment. If there is any possibility to tie-up with that reliable institution it may be very helpful for the students also.
  • #142356
    Cruise lines have a much higher turnover in terms of employment as the employees are not on permanent basis and job vacancies arise at regular intervals. Hence, the companies prefer to hire them, which is a regular practice in almost all the countries. In many a case, a cruise ship job is not considered as life-long cruise career. Those who serve as officers, crew and staff members work for a long duration of six months and go on vacation and return back to duty, they too get promotions, change ships or cruise lines which in turn leads to vacancies and job openings.

So, those who are interested in such jobs should be firm before opting such courses. For example, a Diploma in Cruise Ship is awarded for a HSC (XII Std) completed individual after a training of Four months plus internship. The subjects taught are Introduction to industry, water transport and its history, geography of longitude and latitude, Cruise terminology, various ports, world map etc including communication skills and personality development. Diploma in Cruise Line Management course of 18 months is offered at Gandhi Institute of Management, Kolkata. The cities like Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, Manglore, Kochi and Viskhapatnam have good training institutes for Cruise Ship liner.

Some prominent institutes in India that promote such courses for the betterment of the career:
    1. Gandhi Institute of Management, Kolkata
    2. The Inspire Academy at Mumbai
    3. The Vizag Defence Academy at Visakhapatnam
    4. IIFLY Aviation Training center Andheri, Mumbai
    You can visit the official websites of these Institutes and can search for other good institutes.

Jagdish