Is PhD from private university valid

Planning to do PhD from a private university? wondering if such a PhD valid for a government job? Check out advice from experts on this page.

I am from Hyderabad and I am planning to do Ph.d in Sri Satya Sai University at Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh. When I searched on UGC site, it mentioned that Sri Satya Sai University is a private university, and its inspection was done by UGC. Is PhD degree from Sri Satya Sai University valid for university teaching job?
  • #142400
    If UGC and AICTE has approved any university with some accreditation then surely those universities degree are valid. And the PHD is considered valid as well. You may want to get in touch with the UGC and AICTE(in case of technical degree) and confirm the affiliation of the university. This way you can find out if the degree is legit. I checked out Wikipdia and based on the reference there, it seems the university has UGC has given it a deemed university status. So the degree from this place is valid and you can consider teaching job.

• #142401
    In March, 2017, our ME, Ms. Vandana raised a thread giving the latest list of fake University. The link is given below:-
    fake educational institute or university
    UGC updates this list every year.
    Sri Satya Sai University is not included in this list. So PhD degree from this University would be valid for all purposes including university teaching jobs.

• #142421
    Any university recognized by University grants commission can offer Ph.D certificate. As per the earlier posts, the university you have selected is a valid Institution only.

UGC and CSIR offer fellowships every for Ph.D. students. For this you have to get qualified in NET examination. Watch out for that announcement to apply for fellowship.