For the post of Assistant Registrar in universities or educational institutions generally the written test is objective type and questions are based mainly on the following syllabus -
1. Educational systems, governance, policy and administration in institutes.
2. Communication and reading comprehension.
3. Logical reasoning.
4. Data acquisition and interpretation.
5. Information and communication technology.
6. General Science.
7. General Knowledge.
8. Other general things like interaction with public, pollution, environment etc.
You can try sample papers in ISC or try for sample papers/ syllabus/earlier question papers in other internet sites like -
As many books are to be referred in preparing for this examination it is advised that you visit some big library in your area and study there and make short notes for your handy reference.
UPSC, New Delhi also offers CDs of question papers or model Papers of various exams. You can find more in their site.
Knowledge is power.