How to prepare for Assistant Registrar written examinations?

Preparing for written exams of Assistant Registrar? Looking out for tips and guidance? Find advice from experts on this page for resolution to your queries.

University, IIT, NIT, etc. Conduct written examination and personal interview for recruitment of Assistant Registrar. How to prepare for written examination? From where can we get reading material? Is there any book on working methodology of registrar office procedures?
  • #142410
    For the post of Assistant Registrar in universities or educational institutions generally the written test is objective type and questions are based mainly on the following syllabus -
    1. Educational systems, governance, policy and administration in institutes.
    2. Communication and reading comprehension.
    3. Logical reasoning.
    4. Data acquisition and interpretation.
    5. Information and communication technology.
    6. General Science.
    7. General Knowledge.
    8. Other general things like interaction with public, pollution, environment etc.

You can try sample papers in ISC or try for sample papers/ syllabus/earlier question papers in other internet sites like -
    jnu.ac.in
    govtjobsdrive.in
    examyou.com
    ukpsc.gov.in

As many books are to be referred in preparing for this examination it is advised that you visit some big library in your area and study there and make short notes for your handy reference.

UPSC, New Delhi also offers CDs of question papers or model Papers of various exams. You can find more in their site.

• #142518

WHAT SHOULD BE THE QUALITIES OF ASSISTANT REGISTRAR?
    In order to score in this interview question, a efficient way is to give a list of qualities and skills that is suitable with an admin assistant position. You can start with "Firstly, an admin must have effective methods, secondly, give job the priority, thirdly, create a good team work" etc. Remember that the duty of an admin assistant is to communicate with several of people, so excellent communication skills and a good personality are required.

WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU HAVE FOR ASSISTANT REGISTRAR POSITION?

Answer
    · Speak about specifics that relate to the position you are applying for. If you do not have specific experience, get as close as you can.
    · If you are being asked this question from your employer then you can explain your experience. Tell the employer what responsibilities you were performing during your job. You can tell what programs you developed and what modules you worked on. What were your achievements regarding different programs.
    Answer
    I have been working with computers since 2001. I also have a degree in network support/computer repair. I have built my last 3 computers, have work with Dell as an employee. So I have around 15 years experience working with computers.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO IMPROVE YOUR KNOWLEDGE FOR ASSISTANT REGISTRAR POSITION IN THE LAST YEAR?
    Answer
    · Try to include improvement activities that relate to the job. A wide variety of activities can be mentioned as positive self-improvement. Have some good ones handy to mention.
    · Employers look for applicants who are goal-oriented. Show a desire for continuous learning by listing hobbies non-work related. Regardless of what hobbies you choose to showcase, remember that the goal is to prove self-sufficiency, time management, and motivation.
    Answer
    · Everyone should learn from his mistake. I always try to consult my mistakes with my kith and kin especially with elderly and experienced person.
    · I enrolled myself into a course useful for the next version of our current project. I attended seminars on personal development and managerial skills improvement.
    3. Logical reasoning.
    4. Data acquisition and interpretation.
    6. General Science.
    7. General Knowledge.